She's too pretty, I'm afraid to even touch her!

luciabugia

Not your average MOM
O.G.
Dec 31, 2008
So my new to me Kelly from 1998 arrived from Japan today. When the store said she is in good condition, they meant she is in fantastic condition. Besides a minor scratch or two, she looks like she is brand new! Just fabulous for a 21 year old bag.

So I opened her up, touch her and then I realised I will not be able to use her freely like I use my Clemence, Ardennes and Courchevel leather bags. This bag is so fragile and dainty looking, I fear I would break or scratch her.

How do you girls with box sellier Kelly managed? She's so hard to get in and out, I had to pry her opened a bit or no way I can get anything in. Will she break, soften a bit or this is it?

Attachments

• 20191016_173420.jpg
    20191016_173420.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,124
Congrats! I also bought a box kelly from a Japanese vintage seller not too long ago. It too was in pristine condition, except for a couple small scratches. Use her and enjoy her! It will soften up a bit as you use her more often. I think box leather can also benefit from being conditioned regularly.

Congrats on your Kelly! Looove Sellier. Mine is 11 years old and still takes my breath away every time I take her out of her dust bag to use :coolio: It really is not a problem getting in and out of it - I don’t strap her up, just close with the turn lock so it’s no problem getting in and out. Enjoy her in the best of health!

So my new to me Kelly from 1998 arrived from Japan today. When the store said she is in good condition, they meant she is in fantastic condition. Besides a minor scratch or two, she looks like she is brand new! Just fabulous for a 21 year old bag.

So I opened her up, touch her and then I realised I will not be able to use her freely like I use my Clemence, Ardennes and Courchevel leather bags. This bag is so fragile and dainty looking, I fear I would break or scratch her.

How do you girls with box sellier Kelly managed? She's so hard to get in and out, I had to pry her opened a bit or no way I can get anything in. Will she break, soften a bit or this is it?
Definitely use her, asap :yahoo: So beautiful! I also have a 22 year old box kelly. I use as often as possible. Box leather is one of the most restorable, so H can fix it if a problem happens. Sounds like your new bag spent so many years in the box....time for some fun and activities. :biggrin::smile:

Absolutely stunning Kelly, love box! These bags are made to be loved and carried. Iconic heritage leather that is classic and never goes out of style. No need to be afraid, just start using and enjoying this bag :smile:

Reactions: marzipanchen
Definitely use her, asap :yahoo: So beautiful! I also have a 22 year old box kelly. I use as often as possible. Box leather is one of the most restorable, so H can fix it if a problem happens. Sounds like your new bag spent so many years in the box....time for some fun and activities. :biggrin::smile:
I think you were right about her being in the box.. she's like one of those new stiff shiny shors that hurt your feet that need to be broken in

Reactions: weibandy