The art of writing - writing culture - or simply: a thread about pens

• Thread starter the_black_tie_diyer
  • Start date
Bump!
Love pens (of any kind actually), not that great at holding onto them though - they often get mislaid :yucky: I have tons of freebies and cheapies, but these are my nicest ones :smile: I’ve collected a couple of vintage pens in recent years, the rest were bought new.
4B51CF41-3D6B-4A0C-91CC-21F261805451.jpeg

L -R Fountain pens: Sailor 1911 (newest addition), Parker 51 (was my dads :heart:), Conway Stewart from the 50’s (writes beautifully I use this as an everyday pen), Waterman from early 30’s, and the ballpoints are: Waterman, Parker mini, and Cross.

40ADEF9F-0644-47FE-BBF2-228D7FE2EF39.jpeg

Bump!
Love pens (of any kind actually), not that great at holding onto them though - they often get mislaid :yucky: I have tons of freebies and cheapies, but these are my nicest ones :smile: I’ve collected a couple of vintage pens in recent years, the rest were bought new.
View attachment 4331339

L -R Fountain pens: Sailor 1911 (newest addition), Parker 51 (was my dads :heart:), Conway Stewart from the 50’s (writes beautifully I use this as an everyday pen), Waterman from early 30’s, and the ballpoints are: Waterman, Parker mini, and Cross.

View attachment 4331356
I love this sight & that you have your Dad's pen! I love the colors on the Conway Stewart and the fun yellow Sailor!

Reactions: Evia and Miss_Dawn
Bumping this thread (which I am really enjoying) to ask: apart from pens (I have a Montblanc and a small Montegrappa Felicità which is a dream, apart from a few lovely Chinese and Spanish Toledo-crafted ones, and a few Greek wood ones), do you ladies and gents also have a weakness for luscious agendas/planners/organizers?

My trusty old Filofax Calipso has literally burst at the rings (a terminal case of overstuffing), and I´m in the market for a new personal sized planner. Just discovered the Van der Spek agendas, and I´m falling deep into the rabbit hole.

What´s your experience with quality agendas/planners, preferably all-leather ones? :smile:

Reactions: tealocean