Post your fur items!

My holy grail of all my coats . Reversible Sheared black mist mink with regular non sheared mink trimming and hood. I got this coat a year an half ago thrifted for around 90 dollars got it dry cleaned and glazed which costed a bit more that what i payed but i see it as an investment specially since toronto is a cold cold place. The furrier told me is worth around 4k to 6k and boy do i feel its amazingly warm and stunning in it:angel: all my furs are pre owned probably 3 or 5 times my age and i don't pay more than $300 for them . I love sheared because it has that unique velvet look that not even velvet it self has and also because it can trick the eye of the the crazy anti fur harassers which i gladly haven't come across or maybe haven't heard or cared since i live on EarPods. also i feel a nice fur coat makes you a target for theft specially since i work till late night and take public transport. This is my everyday coat while my stoles and regular mink pelt coats stay for dinners or parties where i wanna bring out a bit of old Hollywood glamour. :cool:

Attachments

• 318EF96B-4713-4295-9239-7D6974893D39.jpeg
    318EF96B-4713-4295-9239-7D6974893D39.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 178
My holy grail of all my coats . Reversible Sheared black mist mink with regular non sheared mink trimming and hood. I got this coat a year an half ago thrifted for around 90 dollars got it dry cleaned and glazed which costed a bit more that what i payed but i see it as an investment specially since toronto is a cold cold place. The furrier told me is worth around 4k to 6k and boy do i feel its amazingly warm and stunning in it:angel: all my furs are pre owned probably 3 or 5 times my age and i don't pay more than $300 for them . I love sheared because it has that unique velvet look that not even velvet it self has and also because it can trick the eye of the the crazy anti fur harassers which i gladly haven't come across or maybe haven't heard or cared since i live on EarPods. also i feel a nice fur coat makes you a target for theft specially since i work till late night and take public transport. This is my everyday coat while my stoles and regular mink pelt coats stay for dinners or parties where i wanna bring out a bit of old Hollywood glamour. :cool:
We have a few fur threads (mink, Fox, sable) you might be interested in. There are a few of us who adore and wear fur. The threads should hopefully pick up as the weather gets colder. How fantastic you are able to find some great furs at amazing prices.

I love sheared because it has that unique velvet look that not even velvet it self has... :cool:

Truly wonderful pieces ~ classic! I love sheared, too (and collecting pre-loved treasures). The texture is magical and gorgeous and it's *very* discreet. Reversible and hooded really is a holy grail... elegant, luxurious, and sooo warm.

I previously posted my new-to-me sheared mink gem on the mink thread, but adding here, too.

zac-AB-sm.png zac-CD-sm.png

Truly wonderful pieces ~ classic! I love sheared, too (and collecting pre-loved treasures). The texture is magical and gorgeous and it's *very* discreet. Reversible and hooded really is a holy grail... elegant, luxurious, and sooo warm.

I previously posted my new-to-me sheared mink gem on the mink thread, but adding here, too.

View attachment 4560410 View attachment 4560411
Wow! A-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I love eye-popping, unusual, rare vintage furs, too. This is one of my most extraordinary acquisitions... I adore it and I wear it. It invites curiosity, questions, discussion - and no hostility, so far. When talking to people about fur I often bring up the concept of honoring and preserving fashion history. A true museum piece is a great ambassador for that! (https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/123036)

Colobus pieces usually have corde collars, or none at all. The big flip up, face-framing collar on this one is glorious.

Last image is my coat, but worn by someone else (so anonymized).monkey-donald-met-mine.png monkey-collar-up-2.png monkey-open-2.png

I love eye-popping, unusual, rare vintage furs, too. This is one of my most extraordinary acquisitions... I adore it and I wear it. It invites curiosity, questions, discussion - and no hostility, so far. When talking to people about fur I often bring up the concept of honoring and preserving fashion history. A true museum piece is a great ambassador for that! (https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/123036)

Colobus pieces usually have corde collars, or none at all. The big flip up, face-framing collar on this one is glorious.

Last image is my coat, but worn by someone else (so anonymized).View attachment 4560489 View attachment 4560496 View attachment 4560497

I've actually touched colobus hair before- it feels exactly like human hair. it's creepy. :shocked::shocked::shocked: