Shopping in the French Riviera

Sylly

Apr 18, 2018
My BFF and I are planning another European vacation next year, and have decided on the French Riviera. We will most probably stay in Nice for about 8 or 9 days, and make day trips to towns of interest, such as Cannes, Monte Carlo and St. Tropez.

Where are the best Chanel Boutiques? Any tips to share?

I bought my square mini in Cannes back in March. The SA that helped me was super nice and friendly. The store is located on the street where all the other luxury stores are, good shopping there. I would recommend the Cannes store.

Reactions: Sylly
My BFF and I are planning another European vacation next year, and have decided on the French Riviera. We will most probably stay in Nice for about 8 or 9 days, and make day trips to towns of interest, such as Cannes, Monte Carlo and St. Tropez.

Where are the best Chanel Boutiques? Any tips to share?
You may want to consider staying in Cannes rather than staying in Nice. The type of tourists is quite different. You may also add to your list of towns to check out Èze, St. Paul (the old town and the Fondation Maeght make for a wonderful day trip), and Antibes (great Picasso museum in the old fortified city). As for Chanel, Cannes and Monaco will be the best, then St. Tropez, and finally Nice.

Cannes and Nice are the largest, but the Saint Tropez store is really fun, located in a beautiful villa with a pool. That’s a seasonal one so they sell a lot of seasonal items like bathing suits and towels, but they also carry some classics.
Thank you! Seeing pictures of that boutique is what really got us thinking of going. It looks amazing, I am beyond excited to see it. :biggrin:

I bought my square mini in Cannes back in March. The SA that helped me was super nice and friendly. The store is located on the street where all the other luxury stores are, good shopping there. I would recommend the Cannes store.
Thank you, that is so great to hear you had such a wonderful experience there. We will definitely go there now.

You may want to consider staying in Cannes rather than staying in Nice. The type of tourists is quite different. You may also add to your list of towns to check out Èze, St. Paul (the old town and the Fondation Maeght make for a wonderful day trip), and Antibes (great Picasso museum in the old fortified city). As for Chanel, Cannes and Monaco will be the best, then St. Tropez, and finally Nice.
Thanks so much, this is very helpful. I will explore lodging in Cannes. It sounds amazing!
Antibes and Eze were towns I was interested in seeing, but hadn’t heard much about yet. I am glad to add them to the itinerary - thanks!

I am gearing up for a vacation in the French Riviera this summer (2020).
Where are the best boutiques located? We are staying in Nice for 9 days, and plan on making day trips to St. Tropez, Monaco, Cannes, and perhaps Antibes and a few others if we have the time.

I am especially excited to see the special boutique that is open each summer St. Tropez.

Does anyone have any tips or advice for shopping the French Riviera? Days/times to shop, best selections, nicest SA’s?

Thanks for any input! :biggrin:

The Louis Vuitton store in Nice is great! The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help me. I bought a bag in Paris and they hot stamped it in Nice on the spot.
Oh that is great to hear! Our Airbnb is a 5 minute walk away from that boutique. Super excited to go there!

I recommend the Cannes, St. Tropez, or Monaco store for Chanel. The Nice boutique is a bit second-rate.

If you need SA recommendations for Louis Vuitton, I recommend Vincent and Françoise at the Cannes boutique. I love them both!!

I highly recommend eating Moroccan food at La Pigeot in the old city of Valbonne (great for an evening outing).

If you are taking a day trip to St. Tropez, make sure you leave early in the morning as the roads can get pretty congested during the summer. The town is not serviced by train lines or major highways. You may want to tour the village in the morning and spend the afternoon on one of the beaches in Pampelonne (a short drive from St. Tropez).

I recommend the Cannes, St. Tropez, or Monaco store for Chanel. The Nice boutique is a bit second-rate.

If you need SA recommendations for Louis Vuitton, I recommend Vincent and Françoise at the Cannes boutique. I love them both!!

I highly recommend eating Moroccan food at La Pigeot in the old city of Valbonne (great for an evening outing).

If you are taking a day trip to St. Tropez, make sure you leave early in the morning as the roads can get pretty congested during the summer. The town is not serviced by train lines or major highways. You may want to tour the village in the morning and spend the afternoon on one of the beaches in Pampelonne (a short drive from St. Tropez).
EXCELLENT! Thank you!

Reactions: fabuleux