Well it came..and I still can't decide!

Bostonpatsgirl

Casey
O.G.
Nov 6, 2013
I ordered the Colvert from my CA. It came..I was expecting (hoping) it to be a bit more of a colbalt blue and it's more of a teal blue. I love the bag itself but not sure on color. I have the black one also. To keep it not to keep? Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20190716_095151.jpg
    20190716_095151.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 560
  • 20190716_095219.jpg
    20190716_095219.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 555
  • 20190716_095458.jpg
    20190716_095458.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 557
  • 20190716_095530.jpg
    20190716_095530.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
I love it..I'm just scared since it's my first blue bag! lol. I think I expected one color and got another. Not that I don't like it. Everyone think the color is versatile enough to keep for a $5,000 bag?

I like the color of the bag, but I like bright bags, if you prefer more understated colors a different shade might work better for you. I think this bag would match with lots of outfits (depending on what you wear ofcourse).

I love the color (not the bag as much) - if I loved the bag, I'd own that same one in a heartbeat (but I love blue and all things blue)!

If you're not sure, I'd return - it's too expensive to be unsure about. There's a galet-type color in this bag that is a really pretty light grey, perhaps?

Reactions: pjhm
I love it..I'm just scared since it's my first blue bag! lol. I think I expected one color and got another. Not that I don't like it. Everyone think the color is versatile enough to keep for a $5,000 bag?

If you wear a lot of color (clothing wise) then probably not. If you wear a lot of neutrals then I think you’d be fine. I would have trouble wearing it every day because I like to wear colors. But, if I could afford to only wear it occasionally I have plenty of black/gray/white/blues that would coordinate just fine. Since you have the one in black already, and you love the style, you would probably wear it more than you expect. But again that would depend on the rest of your wardrobe.

Reactions: onlyk
Sorry about the disappointment. To me it's gorgeous but you probably have an instinctive understanding of the fit with your wardrobe, and it sounds like not ideal for you. Curious, did you see a leather swatch of colvert before ordering, and you went ahead on the basis of that? I know bags look different once you see a color in larger scale.

Sorry about the disappointment. To me it's gorgeous but you probably have an instinctive understanding of the fit with your wardrobe, and it sounds like not ideal for you. Curious, did you see a leather swatch of colvert before ordering, and you went ahead on the basis of that? I know bags look different once you see a color in larger scale.
Unfortunately I only had the website to refer to and some Instagram photos that made to bag look more of a cobalt color. (Filters!) I dont have a store close by but visit Boston often so the CA there found me one. There were not many left. I like the color, it's just not what I had in my head as an expectation. But...the more I look at it...the more I like it. I love blue..I just dont have any blue bags. I wear a lot of black and neutrals so it would fit into my wardrobe. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed....just unexpected! :smile: