Hermès CDC in box leather vs epsom

Would you prefer box rhw / Epsom ghw? Are neither combos not quite right for you? Then just wait for the right one, there are lots of CDCs around ATM.

If you're thinking about the performance of the leather, they are both really good and strong for CDCs.

I heard box leather blisters if gets wet, Lizard can dry out and peel, epsom can’t be fixed if it gets damaged. I am confused as to what leather to get.

Reactions: papertiger
I heard box leather blisters if gets wet, Lizard can dry out and peel, epsom can’t be fixed if it gets damaged. I am confused as to what leather to get.

Epsom would have a hard time getting damaged.

Box just needs wiping straight away if wet. It's more a problem with droplets that are allowed to stay. Since most people move their arms around automatically it's not such a problem. You may want to take it off if throughly washing your hands or washing a cup etc. Much more a problem with shiny croc.

Lizard I've worn in the rain (hinged bracelet not CDC) and just wiped it down. It's fine. It would have to be damp in storage for the scales to start lifting. No one should put their CDCs away damp anyway. In fact leave them out overnight after use or just use a dust bag to store if worried. The ombre colour will yellow in time but that's also natural any dyed colour shoudn't have this problem.

Epsom would have a hard time getting damaged.

Box just needs wiping straight away if wet. It's more a problem with droplets that are allowed to stay. Since most people move their arms around automatically it's not such a problem. You may want to take it off if throughly washing your hands or washing a cup etc. Much more a problem with shiny croc.

Lizard I've worn in the rain (hinged bracelet not CDC) and just wiped it down. It's fine. It would have to be damp in storage for the scales to start lifting. No one should put their CDCs away damp anyway. In fact leave them out overnight after use or just use a dust bag to store if worried. The ombre colour will yellow in time but that's also natural any dyed colour shoudn't have this problem.

Thank you.

Reactions: papertiger