I Wish I Knew How To Quit H

Iluvchanel2

Dec 26, 2010
It just doesn’t make sense. No where else in my personal life or professional life would I put myself out there, giving of both my time and money and only to hope for something in return. Chasing a bag only to be rejected? Time and time again. Sounds crazy, right? Why do it? I wish I knew how to quit Hermes... I have to quit H for my sanity and ego, if nothing else. I can no longer take the rejection. At least my bank account will thank me. But H won’t care or even miss me when I’m gone. There’s always someone else waiting for a chance to get with H. :smile:

It just doesn’t make sense. No where else in my personal life or professional life would I put myself out there, giving of both my time and money and only to hope for something in return. Chasing a bag only to be rejected? Time and time again. Sounds crazy, right? Why do it? I wish I knew how to quit Hermes... I have to quit H for my sanity and ego, if nothing else. I can no longer take the rejection. At least my bank account will thank me. But H won’t care or even miss me when I’m gone. There’s always someone else waiting for a chance to get with H. :smile:
Sound so depressing. I was once like this. But then I forgot and I find myself keep wanting and keep returning :smile:):biggrin::facepalm::eek::blush::love:

I don't know how much you are spending in relation to the bags you are being offered, but yes rejection is depressing and that can be overwhelming. The other side of the coin (as it were) is the question "why do I have so many H bags and why do I keep buying more, simply because they are offered?" Kind of the same idea -- don't need more bags, don't use the ones I have often enough, etc.

I think these are both questions that H collectors ask themselves every so often. But you are right -- H won't miss you and your bank account will be happier -- and it could be the right thing for you right now. Just as a decision to stop acquiring can be for others.

:hugs::hugs:

Have you thought about getting exactly what you want from a reseller? Would the instant gratification of getting your exact specs be so satisfying it might end your quest.....at least for a while.

I don't know how much you are spending in relation to the bags you are being offered, but yes rejection is depressing and that can be overwhelming. The other side of the coin (as it were) is the question "why do I have so many H bags and why do I keep buying more, simply because they are offered?" Kind of the same idea -- don't need more bags, don't use the ones I have often enough, etc.

I think these are both questions that H collectors ask themselves every so often. But you are right -- H won't miss you and your bank account will be happier -- and it could be the right thing for you right now. Just as a decision to stop acquiring can be for others.

:hugs::hugs:
This! Even when you are stable at 2 quota bags a year or 1 per semester, it’s still a finite game. Socialites aside, how many handbags can a non socialiate carry? I feel I’m getting to the point where 1 bag a year will suffice cos I’m just not rotating my bags enough. Long term the decision to stop acquiring is inevitable.

This! Even when you are stable at 2 quota bags a year or 1 per semester, it’s still a finite game. Socialites aside, how many handbags can a non socialiate carry? I feel I’m getting to the point where 1 bag a year will suffice cos I’m just not rotating my bags enough. Long term the decision to stop acquiring is inevitable.
You can take a break, you know. You don't have to abruptly stop. Just stop for the summer, something like that. Or, sell some bags you don't use enough.
You raise an interesting point: it's hard to turn down bags when they're offered. I have tended to think that's an enviable position.

It is okay to buy material things that one can truly afford. Life is short---so have fun and enjoy. But if it makes a big dent in one’s finances or puts one in a position of deep financial trouble and that person cannot stop, then it is an addiction. As with any addiction, one will need professional help to address it. Just my thoughts.

I have all but quit H. I have built up a substantial collection of H bags and other H items over a decade plus. I have never sold anything H as well. There is nothing else I want and it gets quite boring repeating purchases when there is so much out there that is also fantastic and desirable. I still like looking at others’ purchases, but I am done with purchasing for myself. I do wonder how many people on this forum are acquiring H but are really not in a position to afford it; not being able to afford H would make my decision easy to quit H (rather, not even start in the first place).

I would only ask for something 3 times and then stop chasing a dream. After all, H is an exclusive brand, nothing vital. People crave for all sorts of things, like club memberships, but do we r e a l l y need them? Yes, it’s easy for me to say, I have the bags but if I had to I could be perfectly happy with having a nice diamond necklace instead.