**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

I have bought Chanel and Louis Vuitton items from Fashionphile, and have had a perfect experience. Every item I have received was better than described. I paid way less than Yoogi's Closet or Realreal. There was one item I had been waiting for the Chanel Boutique to get, but it was never available. I called Chanel's customer service to see of they could locate it and was told I should wait to get the "boutique experience" at my nearest boutique. Well, it came up on Fashionphile! I bought it and took it to be authenticated. No problems...every item I have bought from Fashionphile has been verified as authentic from an independent authentication service. So much better than waiting and the item is absolutely flawless! Also, Fashionphile sends wonderful dustbags... thick cotton, not some weird see-through weave. I highly recommend Fashionphile!

Hi All,
I have just got a couple of questions about Fashionphile. I am looking at buying a Yves Saint Laurent Sac De Jour bag they are roughly $1000USD on the site, would anyone be able to tell me based on their experience how much this could cost be to get shipped here? including taxes to get to product into Australia. Would I be better off purchasing a more expensive bag at a place like the real real where the product is more expensive, however, I would not have to worry about excessive extra charges!
Kindest,
Lily

So Neiman Marcus is now going to sell fakes? Look at this blatant fake that they sold a week after I messaged them about it... https://www.fashionphile.com/christian-dior-patent-calfskin-large-lady-dior-black-282653
I think bc they have physical stores and they deem themselves to be experts, people get a false sense of security. I can understand good fakes slipping by but ones like this are beyond obvious and there's other obvious ones I'm sure you guys have found as well.

So Neiman Marcus is now going to sell fakes? Look at this blatant fake that they sold a week after I messaged them about it... https://www.fashionphile.com/christian-dior-patent-calfskin-large-lady-dior-black-282653
I think bc they have physical stores and they deem themselves to be experts, people get a false sense of security. I can understand good fakes slipping by but ones like this are beyond obvious and there's other obvious ones I'm sure you guys have found as well.

Perhaps rather than slandering Neiman Marcus or Fashionphile you may want to forward them your degree in expertise on Dior bags and explain why you think this is not authentic. This way we all don’t get that false sense of security. :sad:

Perhaps rather than slandering Neiman Marcus or Fashionphile you may want to forward them your degree in expertise on Dior bags and explain why you think this is not authentic. This way we all don’t get that false sense of security. :sad:
There's no degree needed and it's not slander when it's this obvious. Dior has never in history used helvetica font for the "PARIS", there's no serial number on the back or front, and the tag is supposed to be sewn all the way around. But keep slandering ME by claiming I'm the one slandering...

I think regardless of who the seller is it is always best to get your item authenticated unless you can authenticate it yourself. Mistakes happen. That’s life. Best to double even triple check.
That's true but there's a point at which a mistake is not excusable. When it's not even a good fake, it's one with glaring mistakes that should be obvious to fashionphile.

Here's an example of a bag that could still be fake and an excusable mistake if it was, but at least it's in the correct font.
e096928e2d7e785dd5407e3e82e58960.jpg

Versus this one with "PARIS" in helvetica which is a font Dior has never ever used. Off the bat it's a fake. And that's basically all fashionphile does, they don't produce any products themselves. They're not doing the one job people count on them for: at the very least don't sell obvious fakes!

77a899806e17025a36c36119a42af784.jpg

https://www.fashionphile.com/christian-dior-patent-calfskin-large-lady-dior-black-282653

That's true but there's a point at which a mistake is not excusable. When it's not even a good fake, it's one with glaring mistakes that should be obvious to fashionphile.

Here's an example of a bag that could still be fake and an excusable mistake if it was, but at least it's in the correct font.

Versus this one with "PARIS" in helvetica which is a font Dior has never ever used. Off the bat it's a fake. And that's basically all fashionphile does, they don't produce any products themselves. They're not doing the one job people count on them for: at the very least don't sell obvious fakes!

https://www.fashionphile.com/christian-dior-patent-calfskin-large-lady-dior-black-282653

I’m not a Dior expert. I see what you’re saying about the font, but I don’t know Dior’s history of fonts etc etc etc - so If the buyer got it authenticated, it would be deemed fake or not. I would do that regardless of who the reseller was on the secondary market. Looks like you literally just joined the forum so I and others aren’t going to just assume you are an authority on Dior just like I’m not going to assume the Dior is fake/real without expert authentication. Welcome.

I’m not a Dior expert. I see what you’re saying about the font, but I don’t know Dior’s history of fonts etc etc etc - so If the buyer got it authenticated, it would be deemed fake or not. I would do that regardless of who the reseller was on the secondary market. Looks like you literally just joined the forum so I and others aren’t going to just assume you are an authority on Dior just like I’m not going to assume the Dior is fake/real without expert authentication. Welcome.
That's the point though, I'm not an authority on Dior...(whatever that means and why would years on this forum qualify someone as an authority when many are still clueless despite years on here) I just own a lot of Dior bags spanning many years, and even I can see it. It's not a mistake that you need an expert to point out. And the wrong font coupled with no serial number and the tag not being sewn all the way around. It's a triple fake. And that's why I'm posting here, this is my experience with fashionphile: I used to trust them until I saw this and they still decided to sell it to someone else.

There's no degree needed and it's not slander when it's this obvious. Dior has never in history used helvetica font for the "PARIS", there's no serial number on the back or front, and the tag is supposed to be sewn all the way around. But keep slandering ME by claiming I'm the one slandering...

@hissillyrabbit , have you considered running the fashionphile listing by @averagejoe ? TBH, I trust many of the TPF authenticators' knowledge and averagejoe's knowledge is dependable.