Let's Show How We Do LV Hacks!! Share Your Innovative Ideas and Ways to Modify LV

Inspired by this YouTube video, I had my Neverfull pouch modified to make crossbody as an option. I was really nervous to have it done, but I know I'll use it more if I can carry it handsfree, and using my bags is key for me!

I got the leather tab and strap from MCraftLeather on Etsy, and had a cobbler sew it on.
c6CcsFe.jpg

Q3ecWfG.jpg

Inspired by this YouTube video, I had my Neverfull pouch modified to make crossbody as an option. I was really nervous to have it done, but I know I'll use it more if I can carry it handsfree, and using my bags is key for me!

I got the leather tab and strap from MCraftLeather on Etsy, and had a cobbler sew it on.
c6CcsFe.jpg

Q3ecWfG.jpg
You are brave. I love it. :heart:

c6CcsFe.jpg

Q3ecWfG.jpg
Nice to see those tabs in action! I've looked at them several times, and have ordered straps from MCraft that I love. I don't know if you would wear it this way, but I could see a belt bag from that, too (using a wide canvas strap that attaches to the D rings). I sometimes wear one of my Gucci pouches as a belt bag, or belt bag across the body. Enjoy your revamped pochette!

Reactions: EmmJay and sda244
really really silly question here-

ive seen a handful of people on here talk about mcraftleather's straps and they look absolutely beautiful. ive been interested in buying one for my nano speedy as i really want a removable strap for it. this will require me to cut off the non-removeable strap it came with (i know it's insane. don't crucify me :doh:). i know that mcraftsleather straps are real vachetta, so does that guarantee that the strap will patina as the original LV strap would? thanks in advance.

ive seen a handful of people on here talk about mcraftleather's straps and they look absolutely beautiful. ive been interested in buying one for my nano speedy as i really want a removable strap for it. this will require me to cut off the non-removeable strap it came with (i know it's insane. don't crucify me :doh:). i know that mcraftsleather straps are real vachetta, so does that guarantee that the strap will patina as the original LV strap would? thanks in advance.
Ok so if you were to cut the strap, I would actually buy an LV Vachetta strap. I myself had old preloved bags that I had no issue with cutting them but with a new bag I would get a new strap.

Ok so if you were to cut the strap, I would actually buy an LV Vachetta strap. I myself had old preloved bags that I had no issue with cutting them but with a new bag I would get a new strap.
ugh, ive been thinking about it. i honestly just cant fathom buying a strap when i could instead purchase a key pouch. im leaning toward the LV strap only for the peace of mind with the patina. but im really dragging my feet towards that route lol.

I’m not sure if this is considered a “hack” but here goes! This Damier Azur Speedy 30 was given to me back in 2009. It originally had the vachetta leather trim and handles. This was the 1st LV bag that I ever owned. I’m new to the LV game and I knew absolutely NOTHING about caring for vachetta leather. Needless to say I trashed the handles and no amount of cleaning that I tried made any difference. I packed her away and never used it again. I was recently inspired by the Monogram bags with black leather trim so I just said “what the hell”! It wasn’t like I was using the bag anyway. I’m pretty artistic and I also am a self taught nail tech so I have very steady hands. I painted all the trim black with acrylic leather paint and used a satin finish as a top coat. I wanted them to be just a little shiny buuuuuut it came out way shinier than I expected :hrmm: I then printed an enlarged LV symbol from the internet and traced it onto the bag. I used the same paint and I am sooooooooo pleased with how it came out (besides the shiny black that is). I only painted one side, but I think I want to do something to the other side. Maybe a “racing stripe” down the center of the other side with my initials? I don’t know...what do you ladies think? :confused1: Do you think that’ll be too much? I’m thinking it’ll give me the option of wearing either side and it would be like having 2 bags instead of one. All suggestions are welcomed :flowers::idea::smile:
Lv should get ideas from you! The bag looks awesome. How long did it take to do the piping?

Reactions: 504Crystal

I have an mcraftleather vachetta strap and it has been developing a beautiful patina just like any LV vachetta strap would.

I was also thinking of cutting my strap off the Odeon because I too prefer the swivel of the detachable strap. Someone on this forum suggested - instead of “cut” off the strap why not “unstitch” the threads [emoji4]
Idk y I didn’t think of this .... facepalm

I have an mcraftleather vachetta strap and it has been developing a beautiful patina just like any LV vachetta strap would.
i think ive seen a pic of your strap here. i guess im just concerned that with years to come it may not get as dark as the vachetta handles on my bag. thanks for the info. will be thinking about this for days to come lol

I was also thinking of cutting my strap off the Odeon because I too prefer the swivel of the detachable strap. Someone on this forum suggested - instead of “cut” off the strap why not “unstitch” the threads [emoji4]
Idk y I didn’t think of this .... facepalm
this would be great. i wonder if its an option for my bag. i believe above the stitching around the D ring, the strap is glued to itself. gotta take a look when i can!

I bought an mcraft strap for my PA as soon as I got it. Periodically I use the short strap the PA came with but mostly the long. It has developed the exact same patina as the tab on the PA and I've had it for 2 years. I often forget that the strap isn't from LV, I wouldn't hesitate to buy more for other bags.