Massaccesi Handbags

I am seeing other photos of this tan washed lamb and feeling duped with my Calista. There is no way the sample I was emailed and what I received the same leather but what Carterazo received for her Penelope looks just like the swatch (no offense to you, Carterazo!). I also thought it would be the perfect neutral and perfect for the look I wanted for my Calista. I was starting to feel OK with what I received but obviously, the leather WAS available and maybe he ran out? I saw a BE bag listed recently that was washed goat and it has the same look as my Calista. Was this some leather hanging around and sold to me as washed tan lamb?

I'm really not happy with how I was sent something completely different than a sample. I know colors may not show well on monitors but this is totally different in texture than what I was presented. What kind of recourse do I have??? I was sent the bag and take it or sell it and lose money on it???

Has this happened to anyone else? I went sight unseen in to this with the glowing reviews you ladies had for his work. I'm kind of upset that I purchased more seeing what was sent to me that clearly is not what was presented. Or if this is a different part of the leather (which I am doubtful), something should have been said vs the swatch photo sent like.....here's an idea of the color but for larger bags the hide may have a larger pebbled look....

I am seeing other photos of this tan washed lamb and feeling duped with my Calista. There is no way the sample I was emailed and what I received the same leather but what Carterazo received for her Penelope looks just like the swatch (no offense to you, Carterazo!). I also thought it would be the perfect neutral and perfect for the look I wanted for my Calista. I was starting to feel OK with what I received but obviously, the leather WAS available and maybe he ran out? I saw a BE bag listed recently that was washed goat and it has the same look as my Calista. Was this some leather hanging around and sold to me as washed tan lamb?

I'm really not happy with how I was sent something completely different than a sample. I know colors may not show well on monitors but this is totally different in texture than what I was presented. What kind of recourse do I have??? I was sent the bag and take it or sell it and lose money on it???

Has this happened to anyone else? I went sight unseen in to this with the glowing reviews you ladies had for his work. I'm kind of upset that I purchased more seeing what was sent to me that clearly is not what was presented. Or if this is a different part of the leather (which I am doubtful), something should have been said vs the swatch photo sent like.....here's an idea of the color but for larger bags the hide may have a larger pebbled look....
I understand how you feel. Why don't you ask Marco about the difference?

I too suggest you reach out to Marco. He would want you to be happy with your bag. He remade a strap for me once that was the wrong color. Mistakes can happen. The real test of a business is how mistakes are handled.

Ladies, I finally took pictures of my goodies. Here they are. I love, love, looooove, the jeans blue in aquila matte. I wish I had discovered it earlier. It is perfect for a Selene midi. The cobalt washed lamb is a surprisingly light hue, but I love it. Both have light pink lining. Some how they look different in the puctures. They make a great pair! I just wish I had gotten a little penelope in a dark blue to make a complete set. Oh well. The other penelope in washed lamb is my perfect "natural leather color". It's such a nice contrast with the marine lining. I am also including another pic of my black vacchetta Angelica and her lovely light blue lining. The actual color is closer to a medium blue.View attachment 4334005View attachment 4334006View attachment 4334007View attachment 4334008View attachment 4334012View attachment 4334013View attachment 4334014View attachment 4334015View attachment 4334016View attachment 4334017
Wow Carterazo I love your new bags. The colors are gorgeous. I am getting my midi Juliet in Cobalt blue washed lamb. I love the color of both of them. Enjoy [emoji3][emoji3]

If you are not happy, please reach out to Marco, I'm sure he will make it right. I hope you get the solution you deserve!

Reactions: bellebellebelle19

I'm sorry that your are still unsure about your bag, and do understand that you would expect a swatch to be very like what the finished bag would look like. However, re the BE washed goat leather - I have a small BE bag in in the chevre leather (which I think would be the same as washed goat) and it has no pebbling at all, in fact it looks very similar in texture to my midi Victoria pictured on this forum, so maybe the hides do have differences in texture.
If so, I do agree that Marco could have included this fact in the description of the leather.

I always email Marco through the order email. If it's been a few days maybe email again. I know this is your first order but don't panic and expect the worst.
I just want my money back for the last 2 orders I placed. I don't want to receive something different next time. First impressions mean a lot. I agree mistakes happen but it boils down to expectations. I'll send another email this weekend. I don't feel I should have to try that hard to like it or be convinced I should. I see the swatch....and I see my bag. They are both brown but other than that, not similar.

Sorry, I'm not trying to convince you to like something you do not. I'm saying if the wrong leather was used Marco will likely remake the bag for you or offer some compromise you can be happy with. I don't think the ladies here would keep ordering if our bags didn't meet or exceed our expectations.
Frankly your insistence you've been scammed is rather insulting.

Last edited:
Ladies, I finally took pictures of my goodies. Here they are. I love, love, looooove, the jeans blue in aquila matte. I wish I had discovered it earlier. It is perfect for a Selene midi. The cobalt washed lamb is a surprisingly light hue, but I love it. Both have light pink lining. Some how they look different in the puctures. They make a great pair! I just wish I had gotten a little penelope in a dark blue to make a complete set. Oh well. The other penelope in washed lamb is my perfect "natural leather color". It's such a nice contrast with the marine lining. I am also including another pic of my black vacchetta Angelica and her lovely light blue lining. The actual color is closer to a medium blue.View attachment 4334005View attachment 4334006View attachment 4334007View attachment 4334008View attachment 4334012View attachment 4334013View attachment 4334014View attachment 4334015View attachment 4334016View attachment 4334017
I love all of your colors! Beautiful colors.