Can someone recommend an online authentication service

15 series

That's odd, because as per their website, they don't do picture authentications for classics with 15 millions series and beyond. I wonder why they made an exception.

I don't think any authenticator is always correct 100% of the time and even if their authentication was wrong in your case, Etinceler would still be my recommended service for Chanel authentications, whether it's by pictures alone, or in person.

I know Leather Surgeons is reputable and known for doing repairs for Chanel, but even they have not always been correct in their evaluations.
Unless their authenticity certificate has been tampered with here, they have repaired a fake boy (that unfortunately has sold recently) :

https://www.tradesy.com/i/chanel-bo...ack-lambskin-leather-cross-body-bag/24012832/

Should I try again with Etinceler to get a second opinion to your result of authenticity yesterday night?
That's entirely up to you. If you're asking if I'm certain of the bag's authenticity, yes, I am. That said, if it puts your mind at ease, I'd say do it. It's always good to have a 2nd opinion, especially if you are not too familiar with Chanel and are on pins and needles about your purchase. I do think Etinceler would have you send this one in for inspection (as per their website).
If sending it in would be too much of a hassle for you, you can also contact Authenticate4U, they still authenticate all series by pictures alone. And then there is also Lollipuff (who I believe uses artificial intelligence to authenticate) and some other services you can find by doing some research. You can then determine for yourself which company you feel most comfortable with.

Hi all,

Looking for trustworthy paid authentication services.

Just purchased my first Chanel resale and I'm looking to get it authenticated for some peace of mind :smile: Purchased on eBay from a reseller with thousands of positive reviews, bag was also listed on Tradesy and LePrix.

Bonus points if any of them are local to NYC!

Reactions: verela
Meanwhile you can post on the authentication thread here and have ironic568 take a look at it. It’s worth a shot! :tup:

Edit: Oops just realized you already did. Good luck! I would love to know the results and see your bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: swuton
Hi all,

Looking for trustworthy paid authentication services.

Just purchased my first Chanel resale and I'm looking to get it authenticated for some peace of mind :smile: Purchased on eBay from a reseller with thousands of positive reviews, bag was also listed on Tradesy and LePrix.

Bonus points if any of them are local to NYC!

Leather surgeon does authentication alone for $95 plus shipping and insurance. Just got mine back. Expensive but I think it’s worth it.