Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I am trying out the lightweight silk for the first time. It might be awesome for summer or it might not be a format I come back to. So far, I'm inclined to agree with you. The plume lacks the full weight of a classic silk to impart that feeling of luxury and gravitas I relish in my other scarves.

Interesting! I don’t have any of the lighter weight or plume - so I’m very curious about it. I’m hoping it’s perfect for summer, but with the larger format I thought it might end up feeling the same as a 90 in the twill.

Reactions: FugitiveRouge
Thank you to @bunnycat for this interesting concept of the "pacifier" scarf. I've bought a second cw of many vintage scarves because I discovered a second cw which I like better than my original. However, this was the first scarf that I consciously bought as a pacifier, unwisely assuming that it would calm the rabid raging bunnies in my soul. Two years later, I succumbed with a whimper and bought the dark blue Toits :crybaby:
View attachment 4301359
This is a hysterical story! "Raging bunnies"???

So do you still have this one, or has it moved on to greener pastures?

Loving all your pictures !!
I wish i had more time to share all my firsts too !! For now, i’ll share my SOTD
Got it in the Paris sale last night [emoji39]
And shown with the new-to-me raisin Victoria i have finally just received !

6e674cc1b84a84aa222e06c059cc84f8.jpg
cdc6a20a3be50a3fcda7184f9377a67d.jpg
5ff0fd7738d099768025b4ba662efe35.jpg
A perfect match. And congrats on scoring in the sale!

Reactions: dublineuse
I think you & I are twins on this one. It looks so good with your grey cardi.

Fog up there??? Bright :sunshine: down here, all day! But another storm coming through tomorrow.
Yes, we are twins on this one! It was SO foggy this morning, couldn’t see the end of the block. By noon it burned off, and then it was sunny for the rest of the day.

Reactions: ElainePG
Thank you! It just glows against a mid-grey shirt.

I've never seen another, and I depended on TRR to not steer me wrong. (Hems look good, tag, etc., so here's hoping.)

Seems like a great buy! TRR has some great deals sometimes.

Wow, it looks like a suede almost. Lovely!

Are the perforation edges treated in any way to prevent fraying?

It feels like regular silk actually, but it does look interesting with this type of texture.

I don't detect any treatment when I touch it, but perhaps it was treated with something. Hopefully it lasts!

Lovely and just perfect for you!

Thank you!

Gorgeous! I dropped by an H today to pick up something and saw these folded in the display case. I resisted asking about them, so I'm very glad you've satisfied my curiosity.

Happy to be of help :smile:

Off topic but this is what I picked up from the Singapore flagship today: a little souvenir for anyone who bought a scarf at the Carre Club event last year. A patch in a tiny envelope for us to attach to a cap or jacket.
View attachment 4301749

Oh that is cute! do you have any plans to use it?

Loving all your pictures !!
I wish i had more time to share all my firsts too !! For now, i’ll share my SOTD
Got it in the Paris sale last night [emoji39]
And shown with the new-to-me raisin Victoria i have finally just received !

6e674cc1b84a84aa222e06c059cc84f8.jpg
cdc6a20a3be50a3fcda7184f9377a67d.jpg
5ff0fd7738d099768025b4ba662efe35.jpg

Great scarf, and a great match with the bag!

First 140 - Luna Park moussie
View attachment 4301867
First dip-dye - Aloha
View attachment 4301868
First time I bought a replacement scarf except this time in moussie - Ciels Byzantins
View attachment 4301869
First scarf that made me gasp - Tourbillon
View attachment 4301870

All to die for! What do you mean by a 'replacement scarf'? Ciels Byzantines was the first one I bought multiples of -- love that design.

Olive looks good with [more] olive. That's why it's a good color for military uniforms and people with olive eyes. I clip magazine features on wearing olive -- mostly these are based on a safari style or military look -- jazzed up with gold jewelry. Gold jewelry really brightens olive up.

You are right -- I envy people who pull of such a look. It is decidedly not my color, alas, gold jewelry or not.

Thank you AnnaE for your lovely comment. Turquoise is my favorite color.

I can certainly see why it is your favorite color! Do you have any other turquoise scarves?

So disturbing... Wow! I mean, if they were holding them for clients, you would think they would have them stored in the back, for heaven’s sake! Mine is CW1. Your FTO find was amazing anyway!

I honestly don't know what happened there. When I had things held for me, they were certainly put away far from other customers :smile: i will just chalk it up to an amusing cultural experience!

My SOTE (...of the evening) is Etude pour une Parure de Gala
View attachment 4302050

Striking! Light-colored scarves look so festive.

Thank you. I am trying out the lightweight silk for the first time. It might be awesome for summer or it might not be a format I come back to. So far, I'm inclined to agree with you. The plume lacks the full weight of a classic silk to impart that feeling of luxury and gravitas I relish in my other scarves.

I can see the appeal certainly for hotter weather, and it must be easier to handle than regular-weights 140s, but it's not my preference. I like the weight and the texture of 'regular' silk (well, I like mousselines, too!).

First 140 - Luna Park moussie
View attachment 4301867
First dip-dye - Aloha
View attachment 4301868
First time I bought a replacement scarf except this time in moussie - Ciels Byzantins
View attachment 4301869
First scarf that made me gasp - Tourbillon
View attachment 4301870
That Tourbillon is totally gasp-worthy!!!

Wearing one of my favorite scarves, dans un jardin anglais today. This CW was difficult to find. I love the colors.
View attachment 4302021
You look like you stepped out of a page in Vogue!

My SOTE (...of the evening) is Etude pour une Parure de Gala
View attachment 4302050
So pretty! And I like that upturned knot.

This is a hysterical story! "Raging bunnies"???

So do you still have this one, or has it moved on to greener pastures?
The dark blue Toits is only a few months old, so this aqua cw is still with me. I'm having a hard time deciding which and how to move scarves on. Options for rehoming here are scarcer than in the US/Europe. Always wondered what happens to the thousands of scarves sold in Singapore since it's so warm here :confused1:

Status
Not open for further replies.