Scarves Hermès Spring/Summer '19 Scarves

fresh from FSH: L'ART du BOJAGI cw 05 blanc/turquoise/orange

View attachment 4297722
Beautiful! I'm waiting patiently for this exact one. It is still #1 on my wishlist for this season.

This CW seem most "realistic" and true to traditional Korean silk pieced textiles.

I know I was complaining about the monotony of color families before the season started, but the PA color family is really ringing my bells. I feel like it's rare to encounter brights that suit my cool-toned coloring and these CWs seem to really offer a nice variety of cool brights.

Yesterday, my lovely SA let me know that my home still received it' first shipment of SS scarves. She held both of the Siestes for me. I stopped in to see them today and came home with 09. I think I'm twins with @Pautinka!

It's really fun and exuberant
View attachment 4297523
And it can be low-key, too:
View attachment 4297524
It's perfect for spring and summer and fills a hole in my collection for white and bright!

The other one was 05, which was gorgeous. It was elegant and misty with subtle grays, seafoam green, and pale dusky pink. (Sorry no photos)
ohmigosh - that's beautiful!

Reactions: FugitiveRouge
What a beautiful scarf! Thank you so much for the mod shot, Croisette7. Scarf looks very sophisticated, bright but not busy. Great choice! Wearing it on a black top looks even more stunning. You always have the best mod shots and quality pictures. Real eye candy!

Just beautiful. Love the colours and the little flowers. Am going to have to check this one out. Thanks for posting. :smile:

Beautiful choices fetus and Croisette!

Beautiful, Croisette! Did we ever see this design flat? I know it was confused with another one earlier... would also love to read the H story on this scarf. I’m Korean and to my knowledge this is the first Korean-themed scarf, so i find it intriguing.

Beautiful! I'm waiting patiently for this exact one. It is still #1 on my wishlist for this season.

This CW seem most "realistic" and true to traditional Korean silk pieced textiles.

I know I was complaining about the monotony of color families before the season started, but the PA color family is really ringing my bells. I feel like it's rare to encounter brights that suit my cool-toned coloring and these CWs seem to really offer a nice variety of cool brights.
Thank you all so kindly Blossom976, Canuck, bunnycat, Joanna & FugitiveRouge for your kind comments. It is really a beautiful Korean piece!

Thank you for all the kind responses.

For those who asked, a few mod shots...it's late here so the lighting isn't that great but tried mimicking daylight with a makeup mirror. This does come across as very yellow dominated w/ splashes of green but there is a lot of beige, black and white in it which really helps it work as a neutral. It really depends on how you tie it. I think we've all seen other posts where this scarf morphs depending on what you do with it. This is no exception.

I usually shy away from these colours (you wouldn't know it by the sweater!), but I see this working so well with most neutral outfits (ivory, camel, beige, black, gray, etc.) as well as several deeper winter shades such as burgundy, pine, etc. I think it would look equally good with gold toned jewellery (see pic 2 & 3 for gold scarf ring) as well as with horn or pearls.

View attachment 4295345 View attachment 4295347 View attachment 4295349 View attachment 4295352
Wow - just wow. If I might ask, which knot/tie did you use for the first pic? If is fab! Thank you for all the shots.

@eagle1002us, it does look good with both green and gold however (there's always a but...) the green that I see it going with would be olive (for me that is more brownish green) and maybe a warm tone pine/dark green. That's the problem with colours, the spectrum is broad. I find this CW would work best with neutral to warm spectrum tones (so both greens/golds that fall in those categories). I don't feel it would not work with a kelly green or other brighter/cooler greens. Caveat: I see people make clashing colours work so well, but I tend to err on the conservative side with my pairings. I always say if you have the chance to see it IRL, it's always best because photos/monitor settings play a big role in adjusting the tone of the scarf. I've found myself buying many a dismissed scarf after I saw it IRL and on.
Thank you, @julian.f, I have a lot of olive in my closet, more so than kelly green. Sounds like this is a scarf I should definitely check out.

Reactions: julian.f and Julide
Gosh! I have missed so much. I had virtually NO connection in France. I never ventured out the village and the technology there is always rather slow to say the least. However, it has been wonderful catching up with everybody's beautiful new acquisitions this evening. Well, I did get to finally open my Sieste on Christmas Day. I am so happy to have it. The colours are crisp and jewel-like. Just looking at it makes me feel happy.
Apologies for the rubbish shot but I don't have any other pics of it.
A happy and healthy 2019 to one and all. [emoji847]
IMG_20181225_161215__01.jpg

I struggled between this cw and the turquoise one, and this cw was sold out quickly on hermes.com, so I picked turquoise, but it didn’t work with me so had to return. The orange one looks better.
Well, it's early in the season so I'm sure the orange cw will return. I think I also tried on a pastel cw but pastels don't work for me generally. The turquoise would have been pretty to see.

When I was at Madison only half the scarf counter was full. I can dither when there are no cw's that grab me. But I was thru in like 10-15 min. at Madison. It was a big orange moment. I also got the giant butterfly (Esprit de la foret) in vivid orange and an Animapolis cw 11, also bright. I haven't been in an H for 2 years so I was starved for color.

Pantone's color of the year for 2019 is a pinky-coral, a color that grabbed me in 2015 when it seemed to be everywhere in apparel. H may have an alternative color, a really vivid orange that is a take-off on boite orange. But turquoise is also having a moment.

Gosh! I have missed so much. I had virtually NO connection in France. I never ventured out the village and the technology there is always rather slow to say the least. However, it has been wonderful catching up with everybody's beautiful new acquisitions this evening. Well, I did get to finally open my Sieste on Christmas Day. I am so happy to have it. The colours are crisp and jewel-like. Just looking at it makes me feel happy.
Apologies for the rubbish shot but I don't have any other pics of it.
A happy and healthy 2019 to one and all. [emoji847]
View attachment 4297955
This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful. I do hope the H gods let me at least try it on one day. Congrats on the great Xmas!

As per usual, lurking and loving the beauties and information everyone has provided. Here's my new Animapolis, CW 9 (NA/Ocre/Creme/Vert). I was loving the design but pretty sure I wasn't going to pick it up based on the CWs seen here as none of them would suit me but, as usual, IRL is another thing. I fell in love.
View attachment 4295277
Here are some details for those interested in a better look at the colours. I believe CW9 hasn't been up on the forum yet:
View attachment 4295279 View attachment 4295280 View attachment 4295281 View attachment 4295282View attachment 4295284

I find it infinitely wearable, and this was surprising. Especially for olive/warm skin tones
I am OBSESSED with this CW and have been hitting the refresh button on the US site to see if it's available. Thank you for posting these photos :smile:

Reactions: mlchs and julian.f