Scarves SCARVES, ladies ..... How many?

1. How many do you have?
6 Twillies, 3 70 cm Vintage, 1 90 cm, 1 Pointu, 2 pocket squares, 1 GM Mousseline, 2 GM Cashmere
2. What was your first scarf?
Brown Bolduc Twilly, 90 cm Mosaique
3. What is the oldest scarf in your collection?
They're all the same age, purchsed between last year and now...I am a noobie to H silk
4. What pattern do you have the most of?
Bolduc
5. Most predominant color in your collection?
Orange--I am an H gal!!!
6. Worst/most bizzare pattern ever issued?
? Don't know enough yet

Reactions: PersianMeow
1. How many do you have? 4 90cm, 3 70cm, 3 Twillys and about 15 pochettes
2. What was your first scarf? Paddock pochette in pink
3. What is the oldest scarf in your collection? Paddock pochette
4. What pattern do you have the most of? brides de gala
5. Most predominant color in your collection? Blue
6. Worst/most bizzare pattern ever issued? I love them all! :P

I just fell in love with scarf collecting this summer in 2018. I am building a collection of scarves - perhaps 45 different designs - that resonate with my Persian/Iranian origin. Hoping to write a book about the experience as a means of sharing lessons about the designs and my heritage. Suspect most of my scarves will end up framed to become a travelling exhibition so that others can appreciate the artform.

Your questions:
1. How many do you have?

My questions:
7. What is the scarf you know of that would be your next purchase?
8. What is the scarf you know of that you have never seen an image of?

My answers:
1. 115+ and counting silk twill carre 90, one chiffon stole, one cashmere/silk 90 carre, one cashmere/silk 140, two silk 140 carre, one silk twill rectangular opera scarf 185x45
2. Persepolis in Pink, thought I would surprise my wife, ended up surprising myself as I have collected so many
3. 1956 Chat Persans by Xavier Poret, originally hadn't planned to include this in my collection but once I saw it up close, it is an incredilbe print. 1966 Ispahan
4. Qalamdan, currently on 25 with about 10 colour palettes, of which 5 are finesse prints (black on ivory, brown on off-white, teal on silver-white).
5. Orange
6. The silk twill rectangular opera scarf is a Scheherazade with Turqoise main colour. It is unlike anything I have seen as it is literally two scarves length, plus 5cm undyed in between, fold over and seamlessly sewn with no hemline.
7. Nations Unies or O.N.U. 1952 credited to H. Grygkar but have also seen B. Louis mentioned.
8. Faisans Persans 1964 by Madame La Torre

I just fell in love with scarf collecting this summer in 2018. I am building a collection of scarves - perhaps 45 different designs - that resonate with my Persian/Iranian origin. Hoping to write a book about the experience as a means of sharing lessons about the designs and my heritage. Suspect most of my scarves will end up framed to become a travelling exhibition so that others can appreciate the artform.

Your questions:
1. How many do you have?

My questions:

My answers:
1. 115+ and counting silk twill carre 90, one chiffon stole, one cashmere/silk 90 carre, one cashmere/silk 140, two silk 140 carre, one silk twill rectangular opera scarf 185x45
2. Persepolis in Pink, thought I would surprise my wife, ended up surprising myself as I have collected so many
3. 1956 Chat Persans by Xavier Poret, originally hadn't planned to include this in my collection but once I saw it up close, it is an incredilbe print. 1966 Ispahan
4. Qalamdan, currently on 25 with about 10 colour palettes, of which 5 are finesse prints (black on ivory, brown on off-white, teal on silver-white).
5. Orange
6. The silk twill rectangular opera scarf is a Scheherazade with Turqoise main colour. It is unlike anything I have seen as it is literally two scarves length, plus 5cm undyed in between, fold over and seamlessly sewn with no hemline.
7. Nations Unies or O.N.U. 1952 credited to H. Grygkar but have also seen B. Louis mentioned.
Your qalmandan (sorry spelling!) collection sounds fabulous! Any chance of sharing a picture?:flowers:

Here is a picture of faison by Mme la Torre, I would love to own this design myself.:flowers:
(Photo form eBay)

Attachments

• 49C45CC2-4FCD-4A64-A178-A557B959A23C.jpeg
    49C45CC2-4FCD-4A64-A178-A557B959A23C.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 564
1. How many? 6+1 90cm silk twills, 12 CSGMs, 3 giant silks, 1 giant moussie and lot’s of twillies I mostly don’t use on bags anymore
2. First scarf was a present from a friend, Hemisphaerium Coeli Boreale
3. Oldest scarf, Gastronomie by Christiane Vauzelles from 1963, an inherited piece.
4. Parures de Samurai in 3 CSGMs and 2+1 90cm silk twills, hoping to add a giant silk one day
5. blue
6. worst pattern, probably not worst but I’m getting tired of Brides the Gala, even if the history is there and as a person who loves Hermès I should probably buy one...

Your qalmandan (sorry spelling!) collection sounds fabulous! Any chance of sharing a picture?:flowers:

Here is a picture of faison by Mme la Torre, I would love to own this design myself.:flowers:
(Photo form eBay)
Thank you for sharing that photo, in fact that is the Faïence Persane where the topic is earthenware and by Hugo Grygkar 1955, and I do not yet own this one either. However the one from Madame La Torre that I have never seen is Faisans Persans where the topic is pheasants.

I will share a few photos from my collection shortly.

Reactions: Julide
Thank you for sharing that photo, in fact that is the Faïence Persane where the topic is earthenware and by Hugo Grygkar 1955, and I do not yet own this one either. However the one from Madame La Torre that I have never seen is Faisans Persans where the topic is pheasants.

I will share a few photos from my collection shortly.
Thank you, I was confused by the name. I know the scarf below as Faisan Royal, but maybe this is the same scarf you are looking for?

And many apologies for being off topic...:blush:

Attachments

• 26f4884e4dcf9f96db702f27f3e7582c.jpg
    26f4884e4dcf9f96db702f27f3e7582c.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 392
Reactions: frou frou
Thank you, I was confused by the name. I know the scarf below as Faisan Royal, but maybe this is the same scarf you are looking for?

And many apologies for being off topic...:blush:
That is Faisan Royal indeed by Henri de Linares printed in 1960 with no re-editions. I have not seen Faisans Persans but would imagine that being a Madame La Torre from the same year as Les Coqs it might bear some artistic resemblance to that scarf.

Reactions: Julide
That is Faisan Royal indeed by Henri de Linares printed in 1960 with no re-editions. I have not seen Faisans Persans but would imagine that being a Madame La Torre from the same year as Les Coqs it might bear some artistic resemblance to that scarf.
Thank you for all your expertise. :flowers:It has been so informative to learn this. I am now amazed at how many scarves have resembling names! I hope you find your scarf soon, as I would love to see a picture:flowers:

(Photo form eBay)
As promised here are 16 of my Qalamdan scarves. 9x 1990 colourways and 7x 2000 colourways, distinguishable by their tag size. The finesse prints are from 2000. The prints from 1990 are darker than the prints from 2000, perhaps one series was Spring/Summer and the other was Autumn/Winter? Happy new and best wishes for 2019, Hermes theme of the year is dreams!

Attachments

• AEC6C37B-14A3-4AF9-8A70-E5752309973A.jpeg
    AEC6C37B-14A3-4AF9-8A70-E5752309973A.jpeg
    513.4 KB · Views: 338
As promised here are 16 of my Qalamdan scarves. 9x 1990 colourways and 7x 2000 colourways, distinguishable by their tag size. The finesse prints are from 2000. The prints from 1990 are darker than the prints from 2000, perhaps one series was Spring/Summer and the other was Autumn/Winter? Happy new and best wishes for 2019, Hermes theme of the year is dreams!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
(I noticed the smiley is called eek, but I want to express that I am staring in awe at my screen! Not only at the abundance of Qalamdans but also at the beautiful arrangement.)

A very old revived thread!

Meanwhile, here is my contribution

1. How many do you have?

I lost count after a technological misfortune ruined my spreadsheet. I'm guessing about a 100 H.

A gift. Les Chants du Henne from 2002.
The first one I bought myself was La femme ASdV. I went into to H to buy a scarf-gift for someone else and couldn't resist that one for myself too. That was before Christmas in 2009.

Plumes by Henri de Linaries 1953

X 5 Zebra Pegasus by Alice Shirley 2014 (the MT and gav in that design was a subsequent season).

I regularly have 2 or 3 of scarves I like very much.

It's spread evenly. My scarf hangers go from orange-blue, from pink-green and black-off-white. Recently I filled the red 'gap'.

Since I wouldn't buy one, it's not for me to name names as these may also be others' pride and joy. I will however, name the exceptions I do own.
The ones I wouldn't normally contemplate tend to fall into categories:
1. Too disturbing. I'm not easily disturbed by silk but enough not to want to wear them around my neck anyway.
2 Too cute. Exceptions are the fairytale pocket squares and the Jaime Mon Carre (70). Smaller formats are good for cute scarves anyway.
3. Too busy.
4. Looks like another brand. Coz other brands are cheaper so why would I?
5. Too commercial. I would put Jaime Mon Carre in that category too but somehow it works, even with the Buldoc ribbon on the border.

An amazing mosaic :ps:

Your questions:
1. How many do you have?

My questions:

My answers:
5. Orange
Not Persian in subject, but Alice Shirley's Dans Un Jardin Anglais takes its inspiration from the painting techniques used in Persian Miniatures.