Eros red vs. Bandana red?

Fashion412

Jul 2, 2017
There are multiple shades of red listed on the saint Laurent website. Anyone have any of these reds in real life? I want a true red bag, not too dark and not too orangey.

Thank you!!

You are most welcome ;) Glad to be of help.
Btw which Saint Laurent bag are you getting and in which shade of red ?
Cheers and enjoy your future purchase.

I recently got the smaller sized envelope chain bag in black and absolutely love it - so I’m considering the same bag in red for spring/summer. I believe it’s bandana red with gold hardware. Neiman Marcus has the bag currently.

I recently got the smaller sized envelope chain bag in black and absolutely love it - so I’m considering the same bag in red for spring/summer. I believe it’s bandana red with gold hardware. Neiman Marcus has the bag currently.

Hi @Fashion412
Great choice ! Please show us your new bandana red ghw enveloppe chaîne bag soon when you purchase it.
All the best and Happy New Year 2019.
Cheers !

Reactions: Fashion412
Is the lipstick red a different shade altogether? Seen it on YSL.com in toy Lou Lou
Hi @no5
Yes the lipstick red is another shade of red. Slightly darken than the Bandana Red but lighter than the Eros Red, if I am not mistaken. However, if I am wrong, please do correct me.
Hope this helps!
Cheers ! :smile:

I recently picked up a small Jamie in the eros color. I generally don't like red bags and was surprised how much I LOVE the color. It's intense yet vibrant. I happened to try it on with grey when I first received it, and it looked amazing with that and my coloring.

I suppose it's the most popular color in the SL range as there's like 60 styles available on their site in that color....and yet <10 in the other reds.

Although, probably best to try them all to see which best suits your coloring.

Reactions: Ilaura75
Hi @highend
Yes the small Jamie in Eros red is sublime...congratulations! Great choice.

I recently purchased a Medium Kate Tassel bag grained leather with gold hardware in the Bandana Red color. It is beautiful too, the red with the gold. I love red bags. I think all of the Saint Laurent's red bag colors are amazing, be it the Eros, Bandana or Lipstick. Just a tinge of blue for Eros, orange for Bandana and pink for Lipstick...but still vibrant reds :smile:)
Cheers!

Hi @highend
Yes the small Jamie in Eros red is sublime...congratulations! Great choice.

I recently purchased a Medium Kate Tassel bag grained leather with gold hardware in the Bandana Red color. It is beautiful too, the red with the gold. I love red bags. I think all of the Saint Laurent's red bag colors are amazing, be it the Eros, Bandana or Lipstick. Just a tinge of blue for Eros, orange for Bandana and pink for Lipstick...but still vibrant reds :smile:)
Cheers!
Do you know if the Eros is seasonal or a red they always have?

Thank you! I’ve been debating the Kate tassel WOC with silver hardware in Black or Eros red. Any advice? I wish I could get them both lol
IMO the Kate tassel WOC could be a fantastic option in black with silver hw as if I understood, you do already have a small Jamie in red (I still think it’s gorgeous) Maybe the black can give you more color matching alternatives and there’s something special about the Kate tassel in any size with silver hw that sets a ‘rock’ vibe à la Kate Moss, just fabulous!!! And that is very Yves Saint Laurent
;) I hope this helps.

Reactions: Sunshine888