Post your non-Balenciaga purchases......Come on......we wont tell ;) (Part 2)

Probably still more Bals but it’s getting closer to being even. What styles are you looking at?

Please don’t enable me :smile:. But I think I mentioned before I am kinda interested in the Olimpia (the largest size which I think is called “Medium”) and the Double Chain Tote. Tried both of them in store last Christmas and loved them. But I should buy a like-new though (missed out on one such bag on FP at 1/3 retail a couple of months back). I am just about ready to buy a new bag in the new year (after going on a soon to be 6 month “pause”). But I am choosing between a few brands

Please don’t enable me :smile:. But I think I mentioned before I am kinda interested in the Olimpia (the largest size which I think is called “Medium”) and the Double Chain Tote. Tried both of them in store last Christmas and loved them. But I should buy a like-new though (missed out on one such bag on FP at 1/3 retail a couple of months back). I am just about ready to buy a new bag in the new year (after going on a soon to be 6 month “pause”). But I am choosing between a few brands
BV has just changed the CD, the guy who designed these styles is gone, and the new CD (ex Celine, Daniel Lee) is yet to show what he's up to.
Most of the old styles will be phased out.
As of now, only as rumours, we are told here and there by various SAs that most styles will undergo some sort of transformation, but a lot will be just rested, hence, if you really want something from BV, better get it now.
i bought a new bag today (yet to be revealed, light is cr@p to take decent pics, will do it tomorrow in daylight).

BV has just changed the CD, the guy who designed these styles is gone, and the new CD (ex Celine, Daniel Lee) is yet to show what he's up to.
As of now, only as rumours, we are told here and there by various SAs that most styles will undergo some sort of transformation, but a lot will be just rested, hence, if you really want something from BV, better get it now.
i bought a new bag today (yet to be revealed, light is cr@p to take decent pics, will do it tomorrow in daylight).

Thanks for this good info K. I don’t think I will buy a BV new (but in excellent condition like the Olympia on FP recently, shockingly affordable (lol) for such a newish bag) because I change my mind too much about things and the resale value is too low. I learned my lesson with my Bals (I sold off at least 1/2 or more at huge painful loss :sad:).

Can’t wait to see your newbie — I am sure I will love it.

Thanks for this good info K. I don’t think I will buy a BV new (but in excellent condition like the Olympia on FP recently, shockingly affordable (lol) for such a newish bag) because I change my mind too much about things and the resale value is too low. I learned my lesson with my Bals (I sold off at least 1/2 or more at huge painful loss :sad:).

Can’t wait to see your newbie — I am sure I will love it.
sorry, if i didn't sound very clear,
i didn't mean the NEW, i meant to say whatever is available now is the last stock, i.e. the longer you wait, the older they will get, as there will be no more newer bags of the same style coming to the secondary market.
Let alone the fact that some might even increase, certain colours, for example, or in 'like new' condition.

Last edited:
sorry, if i didn't sound very clear,
i didn't mean the NEW, i meant to say whatever is available now is the last stock, i.e. the longer you wait, the older they will get, as there will be no more newer bags of the same style coming to the secondary market.
Let alone the fact that some might even increase, certain colours, for example, or in 'like new' condition.

Ok thanks, that make sense :smile:. Same thing happens with say, price increases at other brands (resulting in price increases in the preloved market for those brands).

Reactions: ksuromax
Keep in mind that with the change in creative directors at BV some of these styles may not be available soon. If you want to buy new it may be a problem...although I'm no expert on what may or may not be discontinued.

Reactions: Iamminda
Sorry ksuro, I didn't see this post, I said much the same thing just now! WHAT DID YOU BUY?????