Old BV styles vs New BV styles. Thoughts?

Lahuis

Oct 22, 2014
Hi all. I love this forum and am new to BV. Recently I have purchased new the Cervo Shoulder bag in light grey. Then sold a bunch of LV things to finance Cervo Baseball Hobo in Elephant, Lauren Clutch in Gigolo and large Veneta in Camel. I love them all! I had my eye on a Sloane in Cranberry. In the mere minutes I was making up my mind it disappeared. I guess it was sold. I was so sad. This is my question. How do people feel about the newer designs in the boutique? I vastly prefer older styles say 2007-2012. Are you guys loving the current bags? I guess my bank account is grateful I have to buy what I like second hand. The bummer is the choices are much more limited. Any thoughts on this? I find the newer hobos a bit fussy. Is that just me?

Personally, I love the older BV styles... but the same is true for other brands as well. New styles always take a long while to grow on me. Which works out for me in terms of cost as I also prefer pre-loved as Iike the feel and drape of the leather better. [emoji4]

Reactions: Lahuis
I love the new Lauren clutch too. Mine should arrive this coming Monday. I don't know the Lido tote. I will check it out. So many gorgeous colors I see in past collections. Maybe those soft nudes and pinks are more available in Spring. I am new to it all. Thank you for your reply!

I tend to favor a bag by the style not necessarily whether it is from a previous collection or a current collection
& the cabat & knots in particular.
Personally think the "cabat" is timeless & serviceable in a wardrobe & only gets better with time.
I also do like the Lauren & am anxiously awaiting the debut of the new BV designer to see what he has in store
for long time clients as well as new clients

Reactions: Lahuis
Hi all. I love this forum and am new to BV. Recently I have purchased new the Cervo Shoulder bag in light grey. Then sold a bunch of LV things to finance Cervo Baseball Hobo in Elephant, Lauren Clutch in Gigolo and large Veneta in Camel. I love them all! I had my eye on a Sloane in Cranberry. In the mere minutes I was making up my mind it disappeared. I guess it was sold. I was so sad. This is my question. How do people feel about the newer designs in the boutique? I vastly prefer older styles say 2007-2012. Are you guys loving the current bags? I guess my bank account is grateful I have to buy what I like second hand. The bummer is the choices are much more limited. Any thoughts on this? I find the newer hobos a bit fussy. Is that just me?
i too, prefer classic styles, cervo hobos, Veneta, Cabat, Pillows...
new styles look too structured for me