Does your Valentino Rockstud collapse?

It’s not stiff at all, actually quite soft which is the problem.
Ah. Particular models with the soft leather just aren't meant to keep their shape. Hoping someone that has this particular bag can give you some suggestions. Sadly, I think my days of Valentino are over except for clutches!

PS - that's a stunner of a bag - I can see why you'd want to keep it and make it work!

Any luck with your bag? Just bought one but concerned of having the same issue. Were you able to find anything that helps with the slouching?
I'm having the same problem with a similar Valentino bag (Small Rockstud Leather Crossbody Bag). :sad: It is a crossbody bag that seems to indent/sag in the middle because the strap pushes against it. Neiman told me I could bring it in and they'd redo the straps so that they are on the outsides of the bag, but I am hesitant to go that route. I am trying to stuff it with socks while I am not using it in hopes that the bag will get used to being puffed out more. Pretty disappointing (my first full-priced Valentino bag; the other one I found at Off Fifth for a great price and it is holding up better).

I'm having the same problem with a similar Valentino bag (Small Rockstud Leather Crossbody Bag). :sad: It is a crossbody bag that seems to indent/sag in the middle because the strap pushes against it. Neiman told me I could bring it in and they'd redo the straps so that they are on the outsides of the bag, but I am hesitant to go that route. I am trying to stuff it with socks while I am not using it in hopes that the bag will get used to being puffed out more. Pretty disappointing (my first full-priced Valentino bag; the other one I found at Off Fifth for a great price and it is holding up better).
Bummer to hear it is happening to other styles as well! Can you share a picture of your bag? Was thinking of getting the rockstud medium crossbody but if it’s the same style you are talking about, then it will put me off from buying it. I love love love the looked of the rockstud spike but am disappointed in the sagging. I have learned to not keep much in it (the more weight it sags) and was told this is what Valentino was going for. Still don’t know why this didn’t add more strength under the leather to prevent this from happening

I have the small size of this bag and don’t have a problem with the top collapsing. I think it’s because the small size fits less, hence there’s less weight to pull down the bottom of the bag??
I’d suggest to put only the bare essentials into this bag or maybe there’s a bag insert/organizer to keep its shape?

I noticed mine collapses when using the hand carry strap but when using the long chain strap it’s fine. I definitely don’t love the sagging so I’m trying to keep it stuffed when not in use and primarily using the chain strap.

Bummer to hear it is happening to other styles as well! Can you share a picture of your bag? Was thinking of getting the rockstud medium crossbody but if it’s the same style you are talking about, then it will put me off from buying it. I love love love the looked of the rockstud spike but am disappointed in the sagging. I have learned to not keep much in it (the more weight it sags) and was told this is what Valentino was going for. Still don’t know why this didn’t add more strength under the leather to prevent this from happening

Here is mine. I haven't used it in a while because I am trying to stuff it with socks to see if maybe that will help it hold its shape. In the photo, it looks ok but if you study it closely, there is some stress on it. Usually, it looks more like what the OP posted with her red bag. :sad: I will try to upload more photos once I start using it again if it gets stressed more.

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 343
Here is mine. I haven't used it in a while because I am trying to stuff it with socks to see if maybe that will help it hold its shape. In the photo, it looks ok but if you study it closely, there is some stress on it. Usually, it looks more like what the OP posted with her red bag. :sad: I will try to upload more photos once I start using it again if it gets stressed more.
Oh bummer to hear! This is the exact style I was thinking of getting next. Wonder what the issue is and why they are having this issue with all their bags. I was hopeful that your style wouldn’t have this issue since the strap goes around the top. Very disappointed to learn this

Oh bummer to hear! This is the exact style I was thinking of getting next. Wonder what the issue is and why they are having this issue with all their bags. I was hopeful that your style wouldn’t have this issue since the strap goes around the top. Very disappointed to learn this
Yeah, I know. It is a huge bummer. For the record, when I spoke with the SA in Neiman, she said she had never heard of this happening (who knows, though). I did see someone in Cannes a few weeks ago who had the same bag in black/navy and hers looked fine. So maybe I just go unlucky? I don't use it all the time -- mostly just when I go out with my husband or meet someone in the city.

In the photo I showed, it doesn't nearly look as bad as it's been. It's pretty frustrating. The camera bag I have from Valentino has the straps on the side and hasn't had any issues (it's a gorgeous bag, too). I never would have expected this to happen when I bought this bag (I guess I didn't do too much research, though). It's still beautiful nonetheless but should not happen.

I think I'll try using it again and, if it keeps happening, I'll contact Valentino and see what they say.

Yeah, I know. It is a huge bummer. For the record, when I spoke with the SA in Neiman, she said she had never heard of this happening (who knows, though). I did see someone in Cannes a few weeks ago who had the same bag in black/navy and hers looked fine. So maybe I just go unlucky? I don't use it all the time -- mostly just when I go out with my husband or meet someone in the city.

In the photo I showed, it doesn't nearly look as bad as it's been. It's pretty frustrating. The camera bag I have from Valentino has the straps on the side and hasn't had any issues (it's a gorgeous bag, too). I never would have expected this to happen when I bought this bag (I guess I didn't do too much research, though). It's still beautiful nonetheless but should not happen.

I think I'll try using it again and, if it keeps happening, I'll contact Valentino and see what they say.
Agree 100%! Might start a new thread for the crossbody bag specifically to see if others have the bag and have issues. Unfortunately the Valentino forum doesn’t have the same traffic has the other brands and I can’t find many reviews online. If you get a chance, can you take additional photos? Also please let us know what Valentino says if you speak with them. Thanks!

Agree 100%! Might start a new thread for the crossbody bag specifically to see if others have the bag and have issues. Unfortunately the Valentino forum doesn’t have the same traffic has the other brands and I can’t find many reviews online. If you get a chance, can you take additional photos? Also please let us know what Valentino says if you speak with them. Thanks!
So I took mine out today for the first time in the last month or so. I’ve had it sitting and stuffed with socks to try to force the shape. Unfortunately, it only took a few minutes to collapse :sad: I don’t carry a lot (just iPhone XS, small wallet, and a lipstick), so it is really unfortunate. I think I’m going to call Valentino and see if they can do anything about it. I had an issue with a rock stud falling off of my other bag last year, and they were super nice about it and fixed it at no charge. However, I have a feeling that is a more common issue. Will let you know.

I saw a lady with the sameness bag today in red at the restaurant we ate at tonight. But I couldn’t tell from where we were sitting if she had the same problem or not.

So I took mine out today for the first time in the last month or so. I’ve had it sitting and stuffed with socks to try to force the shape. Unfortunately, it only took a few minutes to collapse :sad: I don’t carry a lot (just iPhone XS, small wallet, and a lipstick), so it is really unfortunate. I think I’m going to call Valentino and see if they can do anything about it. I had an issue with a rock stud falling off of my other bag last year, and they were super nice about it and fixed it at no charge. However, I have a feeling that is a more common issue. Will let you know.

I saw a lady with the sameness bag today in red at the restaurant we ate at tonight. But I couldn’t tell from where we were sitting if she had the same problem or not.
Such a bummer! Let me know what they say. I have asked folks on Instagram and in stores and they all said they haven’t heard or had issues with the exception of one on Instagram said she had issues with the strap rubbing under the flap. Not sure what that exactly means though. Ugh