Does your Valentino Rockstud collapse?

Such a bummer! Let me know what they say. I have asked folks on Instagram and in stores and they all said they haven’t heard or had issues with the exception of one on Instagram said she had issues with the strap rubbing under the flap. Not sure what that exactly means though. Ugh
I think I have that issue, too. There's a mark from the strap against the leather. It started one of the first days I had the bag. Maybe the darker colors don't have that much of an issue, but the grey definitely shows marking from the strap.

I think I have that issue, too. There's a mark from the strap against the leather. It started one of the first days I had the bag. Maybe the darker colors don't have that much of an issue, but the grey definitely shows marking from the strap.
Oh interesting. They had a black bag so it sounded like it was rubbing or tearing. So disappointed as it is such a cute bag. Wish they just attached the bag to the side! The department store allowed her to exchange the bag to this style which is cute but just not as cute and is a bit smaller. :sad:. Bummed as I really wanted to get this bag but also confused as some people seem to have no issue!

Attachments

• D8FE8099-7FDD-483E-89E5-54BECEE43B62.png
    D8FE8099-7FDD-483E-89E5-54BECEE43B62.png
    490 KB · Views: 158
Oh interesting. They had a black bag so it sounded like it was rubbing or tearing. So disappointed as it is such a cute bag. Wish they just attached the bag to the side! The department store allowed her to exchange the bag to this style which is cute but just not as cute and is a bit smaller. :sad:. Bummed as I really wanted to get this bag but also confused as some people seem to have no issue!
Oh wow! That is super cute.

Yeah, I wish I had looked into it more before I bought it. There were a few reviews online, but they all seemed positive. I also just assumed it's Valentino so there would be no issue. I will try to take the bag downtown soon and hopefully the Valentino in NYC will help.

Oh wow! That is super cute.

Yeah, I wish I had looked into it more before I bought it. There were a few reviews online, but they all seemed positive. I also just assumed it's Valentino so there would be no issue. I will try to take the bag downtown soon and hopefully the Valentino in NYC will help.
It is cute but I still prefer your style and the strap is shorter so a bit short to wear crossbody. I stopped in the SF store today while in holiday to look at both styles and the SA said they have had any complaints. She said the pebbled leather is soft and is meant to squish a bit which is fine but if it is going to do exactly what my rockstud spike does, that has me a bit concerned. I’m wondering if they used to make the bag with a thicker non grainy leather that held its shape better. Please let me know what the NY store tells you and if you get a chance to take any more pics at its worse or while you are wearing it, that would be amazing. I still unfortunately really want it :sad:

I have the same bag in pink and the top is firm, does not collapse, shape is intact. So i guess it depends on the bag or season.
Good to hear! Can I ask when you purchased your bag? Is the leather a soft grainy leather or is it smooth? Under the flap is it leather or suede? The current collection seems to be soft grainy leather with suede underneath the the flap which I believe might be causing the issue. Thanks!

Reactions: jbags07
Good to hear! Can I ask when you purchased your bag? Is the leather a soft grainy leather or is it smooth? Under the flap is it leather or suede? The current collection seems to be soft grainy leather with suede underneath the the flap which I believe might be causing the issue. Thanks!
My bag is from a couple of seasons ago and is the more firm Nappa leather, both outside and under the flap....so it may be just the recent softer bags having this issue. Its pink so i’ve used it a ton this spring/summer with no issues at all. I do tend to use the shoulder chains more than the handle, but have used both plenty and see no signs of crumpling ....great firm shape still intact!

It is cute but I still prefer your style and the strap is shorter so a bit short to wear crossbody. I stopped in the SF store today while in holiday to look at both styles and the SA said they have had any complaints. She said the pebbled leather is soft and is meant to squish a bit which is fine but if it is going to do exactly what my rockstud spike does, that has me a bit concerned. I’m wondering if they used to make the bag with a thicker non grainy leather that held its shape better. Please let me know what the NY store tells you and if you get a chance to take any more pics at its worse or while you are wearing it, that would be amazing. I still unfortunately really want it :sad:

I have this bag and I've stopped by the SF Valentino boutique with it to show the SA. They said that it was normal and it's just the way that bag was made...I have the soft grainy leather with suede lining. Originally the crease on the top of my bag wasn't that bad, but now that I've noticed it, it annoys me. I might start using it as a clutch instead as I think it is a beautiful bag!

I'm having the same problem with a similar Valentino bag (Small Rockstud Leather Crossbody Bag). :sad: It is a crossbody bag that seems to indent/sag in the middle because the strap pushes against it. Neiman told me I could bring it in and they'd redo the straps so that they are on the outsides of the bag, but I am hesitant to go that route. I am trying to stuff it with socks while I am not using it in hopes that the bag will get used to being puffed out more. Pretty disappointing (my first full-priced Valentino bag; the other one I found at Off Fifth for a great price and it is holding up better).
Did you end up bringing it in to do the straps? I believe I have this bag and it indent/sags in the middle.