Hermes Apple watch

I had an Apple Watch (first generation with Milan bracelet, purchased before the H edition came out). It had limited functionality and didn't suit me so I sold it.

Now I'm looking at the dramatically improved Series 4, and the gorgeous H double tour straps, and am torn. I think I might have to give it another go. But Swift (bordeaux/roses) or Barenia?

Reactions: zzzman
I hope they make the double tour bands longer. I have small wrists, but the standard double tour is too short for me. I’ve occasionally seen a longer one available, but not often.

I’m keeping my Series 3, but I’d love to have the EKG feature. :hbeat: Nothing else looks to me like it’s worth upgrading for.

UPDATE: I was reading about the EKG feature, and doctors think it could scare people into thinking they have a problem. It’s not as simple to diagnose a problem with the data gathered as people might think.

Last edited:
I hope they make the double tour bands longer. I have small wrists, but the standard double tour is too short for me. I’ve occasionally seen a longer one available, but not often.

I’m keeping my Series 3, but I’d love to have the EKG feature. :hbeat: Nothing else looks to me like it’s worth upgrading for.

UPDATE: I was reading about the EKG feature, and doctors think it could scare people into thinking they have a problem. It’s not as simple to diagnose a problem with the data gathered as people might think.

What the Apple Watch’s FDA clearance actually means
The FDA-cleared features aren’t supposed to be used by those under 22
https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/13/...es-4-ekg-fda-approved-vs-cleared-meaning-safe

First, the FDA clearance letters for both the EKG and irregular rhythm notification functions note that they are not intended to be used by people under the age of 22. The irregular rhythm feature is not intended for people who have previously been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, which is one of the most common causes of an irregular rhythm. (In other words, this feature is best used by people who are already well.) And both letters specify that the apps are “not intended to replace traditional methods of diagnosis or treatment.” They might provide extra information and that information might be helpful, but they won’t replace a doctor’s visit.

Second, it’s important to understand that the FDA has “cleared” both apps, but that’s not the same as “approving” them. There are usually three ways to get the FDA involved in a new project, according to Jon Speer, co-founder of Greenlight Guru, a company that makes quality management software for medical device companies. The most advanced is FDA approval, which is done only for Class III products, or technologies that might have higher risk but also a higher benefit. (Think: implantable pacemakers.) Approval is the gold standard, and companies need to do a lot of testing to receive this designation.

The Apple Watch is in Class II. For Class II and Class I, the FDA doesn’t give “approval,” it just gives clearance. Class I and Class II products are lower-risk products — as Speer puts it, a classic Class I example is something like a tongue depressor — and it’s much easier to get clearance than approval.

Pic taken by a blogger at the hands on.

It looks soooo big!

View attachment 4191253

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL[emoji7][emoji813]️ I love the large size!

I must confess the male/female segmentation they make based on case size is a little old fashioned and does bug me. Offering all styles in both sizes would be far more progressive.

^This[emoji1487]

It’s unfortunate that people would really think that a single lead ECG on their wrist is accurate SMH. The technology was not meant to diagnose, it was meant to use as subjective data during a routine wellness visit. Apple needs to add a disclaimer stating this is not for diagnosis and it shouldn’t be used in lieu of real professional care. I’m a SICU Nurse by trade, and I see so many benefits with this as far as helping people develop a healthier and more conscious lifestyle. Unfortunately, I also see the other side of it because some people lack common sense and will want to sue Apple. Only time will tell!

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL[emoji7][emoji813]️ I love the large size!

^This[emoji1487]

It’s unfortunate that people would really think that a single lead ECG on their wrist is accurate SMH. The technology was not meant to diagnose, it was meant to use as subjective data during a routine wellness visit. Apple needs to add a disclaimer stating this is not for diagnosis and it shouldn’t be used in lieu of real professional care. I’m a SICU Nurse by trade, and I see so many benefits with this as far as helping people develop a healthier and more conscious lifestyle. Unfortunately, I also see the other side of it because some people lack common sense and will want to sue Apple. Only time will tell!
Apple has themselves cover for that.

Reactions: nikkisharif
Ugh, the model I want is sold out online at H.com, but shows as available on Apple. I'd prefer to get it directly from Hermes. Do you think a SA can take an order for one? Or might it come back into stock online? It's my best way to purchase, as I can avoid sales tax when I place H.com orders.

Last edited: