Thoughts on Palm Springs PM?

Jan 16, 2009
I just purchased this bag online and need some input on wether I should keep it or not. I love the look of it, but I find it not an “easy” bag to use and am unsure of spending over $2k on a trendy backpack style bag. Not just that, but I find that it doesn’t hold too much. Don’t get me wrong, it holds a very decent amount, but the bag really needs to be stuffed just the right way to get everything in. I also find the back slip pocket to be useless as it’s so hard to reach, not to mention the front zip pocket.

With that being said, I feel like it really makes my basic mommy outfit look not as basic. Lol. And when I load it up, it’s super lightweight when worn as a backpack, which is helpful when my 2 year old demands to be carried.

IMG_7924.jpg

IMG_7925.jpg

IMG_7928.jpg

I also have a classic speedy 30 and perhaps a neverfull gm on the back of my wishlist, but haven’t really taken the plunge as they would be repurchases that I’m thinking I want back in my collection as I feel that they are nice staple classics to have. If I return the backpack, I could purchase the above two and hopefully be done.

But honestly, when i go to look back at the backpack, it makes me happy. I feel so torn as I feel like it’s such a fussy bag to deal with! Any advice???

I stalked a PS MM for probably a month and was obsessed with the bag but after having it in my hands and putting my daily things in it... I returned it. I think the price point is way too high for what you get. If you love it then keep it... if it weighs too much on your mind I would return it.

I stalked a PS MM for probably a month and was obsessed with the bag but after having it in my hands and putting my daily things in it... I returned it. I think the price point is way too high for what you get. If you love it then keep it... if it weighs too much on your mind I would return it.

I’m waiting for MM size too! I’m going to compare and see, but I already feel like the MM will be TOO big for daily use.

I’m waiting for MM size too! I’m going to compare and see, but I already feel like the MM will be TOO big for daily use.
I honestly thought it was too small! However, I am 6ft tall so that’s part of it haha. I felt like a Macassar josh backpack was a better investment but I don’t like how the josh looks after it softens up.

I don’t have either but considering you have a two year old i think you should consider a handsfree bag. In the next few years your child will only be running around more. I think something hands free that can still fit snacks and whatnot is perfect. So I vote either to keep this bag, or get a cute crossbody.

Reactions: Grande Latte
I don’t have either but considering you have a two year old i think you should consider a handsfree bag. In the next few years your child will only be running around more. I think something hands free that can still fit snacks and whatnot is perfect. So I vote either to keep this bag, or get a cute crossbody.

I have a pochette metis, neo noe and speedy b for my crossbody bags but i liked the backpack as it offered something a bit more casual and was lightweight....

I believe if you are asking then you do not love it. I say you should return. If there are doubts now there will definitely be some later. It’s not a matter of it looking good it’s LV so of course it looks good. When buying something of this magnitude you should be at peace if not then I say return.

I have a pochette metis, neo noe and speedy b for my crossbody bags but i liked the backpack as it offered something a bit more casual and was lightweight....

I personally think it’s super cute and it looks good on you too. Personally I’m not sure if you would really be reaching for a neverfull until your child is much older. I can totally see this as a cute bag for dates out with the 2 year old. BUT it is a lot of money for a backpack. So i could also see a less expensive backpack being just as cute and functional.

I have the Palm Spring PM and I love it. I don’t like stuffing my purse/backpack with her items because I bought a kid’s backpack to carry her items. I have to admit, Im a t-shirt and jeans kind of mom and the PS PM is the way to go. I have a PM and SpeedyB 35 as my crossbody bags. I reach for the PS PM more
than my PM because I prefer to be hands free. My daughter is 22 months and she is always on the go. My vote is to keep the backpack and give it another try.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAvuittongirl
The backpack looks super cute on you and I vote: Keep!! I have had a Palm Springs PM for over two years now and it's definitely the bag I find myself reaching out for and carrying the most. I also do have a Marc Jacobs backpack and a Chanel Gabrielle backpack but this is my go to. I hardly ever use my neverfull after having gotten this one. Highly highly recommend it.

I have the Palm Spring PM and I love it. I don’t like stuffing my purse/backpack with her items because I bought a kid’s backpack to carry her items. I have to admit, Im a t-shirt and jeans kind of mom and the PS PM is the way to go. I have a PM and SpeedyB 35 as my crossbody bags. I reach for the PS PM more
than my PM because I prefer to be hands free. My daughter is 22 months and she is always on the go. My vote is to keep the backpack and give it another try.

Do you use it pretty much daily? I’m very much a T-shirt, jeans, slides and mom bun type of mom and I feel like the Palm Springs really makes me look more together lol. However, my little one is super active so I feel like I could get annoyed with this bag easily. Does it get easier to use over time?

The backpack looks super cute on you and I vote: Keep!! I have had a Palm Springs PM for over two years now and it's definitely the bag I find myself reaching out for and carrying the most. I also do have a Marc Jacobs backpack and a Chanel Gabrielle backpack but this is my go to. I hardly ever use my neverfull after having gotten this one. Highly highly recommend it.

I was also contemplating bt this and the Gabrielle backpack, but the Gabrielle looked a bit small. Does the Palm Springs fit more/easier to use?