Help! Which Chanel should I keep?

Dolce Vita

May 23, 2007
Hi,
This is my first thread posted in this forum but I have been admiring from afar. I have purchased two Chanel bags recently, a black classic flap medium bag with a gold chain and a GST tote in black with a silver chain. I have two young children so must carry the necessary cheerios, juice box etc....The thought of ruining one of these bags makes me ill. I am thinking of returning the GST as I can always use the classic flap to go out (no kids!). Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

that's a tough decision to make... both are wonderful bags. I personally would keep the GST, like you I have a young one, and I would get more use of the GST...

Keep the black classic flap. If your main concern is getting something on the bag it will happen to the GST tote if you use it as a daily bag with two kids, and you will always have angst every time you carry it. The flap is a beautiful classic timeless bag which you can enjoy on those times you go out without the kids.

Both are such classics... can't keep them both?

I guess the big question here is how often do you go out without your kids? Because if it's not that often and you can only afford to keep one - it may be better to keep the GST since at least you'll have more of a chance to wear it on a somewhat regular basis. Saying that though.. if you already have a workhorse everyday bag and you don't mind that the Chanel is used/carried out only once in awhile as long as it stays clean/beautiful then keeping the flap makes sense...

Either way - I don't think you can really go wrong!

Both are such classics... can't keep them both?

I guess the big question here is how often do you go out without your kids? Because if it's not that often and you can only afford to keep one - it may be better to keep the GST since at least you'll have more of a chance to wear it on a somewhat regular basis. Saying that though.. if you already have a workhorse everyday bag and you don't mind that the Chanel is used/carried out only once in awhile as long as it stays clean/beautiful then keeping the flap makes sense...

Either way - I don't think you can really go wrong!

ITA ^^