Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time to be level four for the anniversary sale. I don’t live anywhere near a Nordstrom but I managed to plan a trip to coincide with the presale date so I will be at San Francisco Centre on July 11. I have an appointment scheduled that morning but I am wondering what to expect? Is it like a usual personal styling experience? Are all of the sale things corralled into one area of the store? Can I give them the list of things I want to see from the sale and they will have them in my dressing room?

Thanks in advance and I am loving reading about everyone’s wish lists!

My local Nordstrom is Pentagon City in Arlington, Virginia just over the Potomac from D.C.. Being an urban location, which is growing more each year, the tent thing never really worked. There are multiple entrances to the store and my understanding is one will be blocked off from both the mall and the interior of the store and will be used as a staging ground for the sale items. Not all the sale items will be there but your SA will have an iPad with all items for view. There are dressing rooms so you can try on merchandise they do have. Pentagon City is smaller than the one you will be at in San Francisco so I would expect a better selection in store. I have been working with the same SA for years and have never had any issues with getting items I wanted as a level four. You should get plenty of one on one time and the iPad viewing is also fun. The look book is only a small sample of all the sale merchandise. I hope you have a wonderful experience and please report back with your scores!

Reactions: ElainePG
The black Paul Green loafers are calling me, but IDK.

On my list are silk pillowcases (will they be part of the sale?), longchamps le pliage, maybe some some nike sneakers,, zella leggings b/c I outgrew my old size smalls :sad: , and philosophy face wash and hourglass primer if its part of the sale.

I've embarked on the konmari decluttering thing so I'm trying to be intentional in my purchases. Plus I'm trying to have a signature style/capsule wardrobe. The Paul Green loafers will be a bit of a splurge but they fit into the whole style thing I'm going for.

Ooh - was Hourglass included last year? Just discovered them and would be thrilled if they are part of this year.

Reactions: ssocialitex
My local Nordstrom is Pentagon City in Arlington, Virginia just over the Potomac from D.C.. Being an urban location, which is growing more each year, the tent thing never really worked. There are multiple entrances to the store and my understanding is one will be blocked off from both the mall and the interior of the store and will be used as a staging ground for the sale items. Not all the sale items will be there but your SA will have an iPad with all items for view. There are dressing rooms so you can try on merchandise they do have. Pentagon City is smaller than the one you will be at in San Francisco so I would expect a better selection in store. I have been working with the same SA for years and have never had any issues with getting items I wanted as a level four. You should get plenty of one on one time and the iPad viewing is also fun. The look book is only a small sample of all the sale merchandise. I hope you have a wonderful experience and please report back with your scores!

Thank you for the feedback! I have shopped in your store several times and one of my favorite and most successful personal shopping experiences was at that location. I am getting so excited about my little shopping vacation!

I think it's pretty universal in every Nordstrom, but I could be wrong. I think you can send your SA the items you're interested in and they can pull them for you ahead of time. I heard they're not doing the tents this year because of a liability issue(?) so according to one SA I spoke to, the areas will just be differentiated throughout the store with rope. So when you enter the store, let's say you want to look at the jewelry, you would go to the jewelry area in the store and there should be a separate area set up with the anniversary jewelry. Usually you can't get into this area unless you have an SA with you or you show your card. Your SA pretty much just follows you around and grabs you things like different sizes and keeps it all together for you, or sets up a fitting room. The last few years however have gotten pretty lax at the Nordstrom where I shop. In fact, one woman who didn't even have a Nordstrom card during presale about 3 years ago put up such a scene that the store let her purchase things.

Thank you for this info! I hope my list of items I want to see isn't too long. That is so frustrating that someone would behave like that at the store.

For those of you interested in silk pillowcases, I have found really nice ones on Etsy. The seller I have purchased from is AdorabellaBaby and she uses 100% pure silk charmeuse (as opposed to poly satin like some of the ones sold in stores). The cases are well constructed with French seams and hold up well in the washer and dryer. They aren't "cheap" but they are less expensive than the full price Slip brand ($65 vs $99 for king size).

I have an unbelievable SA. I’ve been working with her for years. I order everything I need from N from her. She’s like family to me. And she seems to have this magic ability to find the sold out stuff. If she can’t get it, no one can.

This year she has an assistant to help her with the sale—she’s that good and that busy.

Since we haven’t seen a SA pop up here this year, she’s offering her service to anyone who needs help. And I know you ladies are so awesome that she’ll be lucky to have you as customers.

Her name is Debbie Davis. She’s the bomb!!
Here’s her cell: ‭+1 (973) 274-5251‬

I know you all will treat this number with care and respect.

I know the SAs have the look book. I’ve seen some of it. Imo all the good stuff is in there. They put the cheap stuff in the catalogue. I think everyone will be excited once we see all the stuff.

Happy Shopping!!!

I really like the Sosken Double Breasted Plaid Coat (details in online catalog) except it's 90% acrylic and 10% polyester for $464. It's one of the few coats that has buttons instead of a wrap and it's a lovely plaid but almost $500 for zero natural fibers? That's unfortunate.
https://shop.nordstrom.com/catalog#catalog/anniversary-sale-2018/page/22-23

I like the Sosken brand, too, but this coat is a disappointment. I don't recall their other regular retail pieces being made with manmade fibers. I have a Sosken blazer in my "Saved for Later" list and it's 55% linen/45% cotton. It's getting more difficult every year to find flattering, quality clothing made with natural fibers.

Reactions: Gatsby
I really like the Sosken Double Breasted Plaid Coat (details in online catalog) except it's 90% acrylic and 10% polyester for $464. It's one of the few coats that has buttons instead of a wrap and it's a lovely plaid but almost $500 for zero natural fibers? That's unfortunate.
https://shop.nordstrom.com/catalog#catalog/anniversary-sale-2018/page/22-23
Yes, this is the way I feel about the $330 polyester Rebecca Taylor skirt. Am I really going to pay that much for a design I love but cheap fabric? I got a 100% wool Burberry coat at Saks Off Fifth about a month ago for $450 - for those of us who are good bargain shoppers it will be harder for Nordstrom to pull the wool (or in this case polyester) over our eyes.

Love Paul Green shoes. I have a couple pair of sandals and they are still going strong on year two.

I completely purged EVERYTHING from my closet 2 years ago and have been rebuilding every since. I’m very aware of what works for me and why I feel great in certain items and colors. My rule is it doesn’t come home with me unless I LOVE it.

*sidenote* I use the Cladwell app to keep track of what I have. It’s SO WORTH the price for me. I use it a lot, not just in the mornings. I am able to put pieces in storage for the winter. It’ll shoe you items in your current closet you aren’t wearing so you can evaluate if you should donate. It offers so much.
Thanks for sharing! I haven't heard of Cladwell.

I have an unbelievable SA. I’ve been working with her for years. I order everything I need from N from her. She’s like family to me. And she seems to have this magic ability to find the sold out stuff. If she can’t get it, no one can.

This year she has an assistant to help her with the sale—she’s that good and that busy.

Since we haven’t seen a SA pop up here this year, she’s offering her service to anyone who needs help. And I know you ladies are so awesome that she’ll be lucky to have you as customers.

Her name is Debbie Davis. She’s the bomb!!
Here’s her cell: ‭+1 (973) 274-5251‬

I know you all will treat this number with care and respect.

I know the SAs have the look book. I’ve seen some of it. Imo all the good stuff is in there. They put the cheap stuff in the catalogue. I think everyone will be excited once we see all the stuff.

Happy Shopping!!!

Is her N Paramus or Short Hills? My understanding is that SH has better stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.