Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the BM and Jcrew wool coats are unlined, boo

The paper catalog is the same as the online, but I like the online version better because it links you directly to the online item and the full item description (even if it says it's OOS and not live yet).

I have one of the Madewell cardigans too and I love it as well. Was thinking about another one this sale.

Yes and I like the colors - navy, blush and the cream all wild be a nice addition for me.

Both the BM and Jcrew wool coats are unlined, boo

The paper catalog is the same as the online, but I like the online version better because it links you directly to the online item and the full item description (even if it says it's OOS and not live yet).

I love that about the online one too! Such a great way to view it and see if you like the item.

Reactions: Lisab68
My thoughts
I would rather save and buy one pair of Ferragamo Vara than 2-3 pairs of trendy glued PVC shoes.
Or save for a LV rather than have 2 MK bags .
But thats just me . I know I may be in the minority

As a person who gets anxiety having too much stuff I couldn’t agree more. It’s why I finally splurge on an MCM bag this year. I have a beautiful Fleurrete (sp?) wool coat my mother got me for Christmas. Now if I can cough up some money for that one Chanel necklace I’d die a happy woman. LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I'm definitely with you on this. Quality over quantity for me, every time.

I TOTALLY agree with all of you regarding quality over quantity. I have pieces from years ago and they are still stylish and in excellent condition. I am also pleasantly surprised on the number of you looking for timeless and classic pieces over trendy. I Thought it was just me being “fussy”! As a senior I don’t want to look like my children. They dress beautifully and can pull off some of these trendy looks. I have no idea what happened to the concept of aging gracefully. Baby boomers are a growing demographic and we need some options too. I am also petite so many of these styles overwhelm my frame. I am hoping when the sale goes “live” we might have a few options.

This is my first time to be level four for the anniversary sale. I don’t live anywhere near a Nordstrom but I managed to plan a trip to coincide with the presale date so I will be at San Francisco Centre on July 11. I have an appointment scheduled that morning but I am wondering what to expect? Is it like a usual personal styling experience? Are all of the sale things corralled into one area of the store? Can I give them the list of things I want to see from the sale and they will have them in my dressing room?

Thanks in advance and I am loving reading about everyone’s wish lists!

vt2159 - thanks so much for that link. How can it be sold out already?

It's not sold out it just isn't "live" on the website yet because it won't be up until pre-sale starts. They have the page for the item ready this way, but no one can buy yet.

This is my first time to be level four for the anniversary sale. I don’t live anywhere near a Nordstrom but I managed to plan a trip to coincide with the presale date so I will be at San Francisco Centre on July 11. I have an appointment scheduled that morning but I am wondering what to expect? Is it like a usual personal styling experience? Are all of the sale things corralled into one area of the store? Can I give them the list of things I want to see from the sale and they will have them in my dressing room?

Thanks in advance and I am loving reading about everyone’s wish lists!

I think it's pretty universal in every Nordstrom, but I could be wrong. I think you can send your SA the items you're interested in and they can pull them for you ahead of time. I heard they're not doing the tents this year because of a liability issue(?) so according to one SA I spoke to, the areas will just be differentiated throughout the store with rope. So when you enter the store, let's say you want to look at the jewelry, you would go to the jewelry area in the store and there should be a separate area set up with the anniversary jewelry. Usually you can't get into this area unless you have an SA with you or you show your card. Your SA pretty much just follows you around and grabs you things like different sizes and keeps it all together for you, or sets up a fitting room. The last few years however have gotten pretty lax at the Nordstrom where I shop. In fact, one woman who didn't even have a Nordstrom card during presale about 3 years ago put up such a scene that the store let her purchase things.

The black Paul Green loafers are calling me, but IDK.

On my list are silk pillowcases (will they be part of the sale?), longchamps le pliage, maybe some some nike sneakers,, zella leggings b/c I outgrew my old size smalls :sad: , and philosophy face wash and hourglass primer if its part of the sale.

I've embarked on the konmari decluttering thing so I'm trying to be intentional in my purchases. Plus I'm trying to have a signature style/capsule wardrobe. The Paul Green loafers will be a bit of a splurge but they fit into the whole style thing I'm going for.

Love Paul Green shoes. I have a couple pair of sandals and they are still going strong on year two.

I completely purged EVERYTHING from my closet 2 years ago and have been rebuilding every since. I’m very aware of what works for me and why I feel great in certain items and colors. My rule is it doesn’t come home with me unless I LOVE it.

*sidenote* I use the Cladwell app to keep track of what I have. It’s SO WORTH the price for me. I use it a lot, not just in the mornings. I am able to put pieces in storage for the winter. It’ll shoe you items in your current closet you aren’t wearing so you can evaluate if you should donate. It offers so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.