Heather Locklear Arrested For Domestic Violence

Poor woman. Her family needs to put her in an inpatient psych hospital. Am pretty sure it can be involuntary for a bit if they can prove she has a severe mental illness.
I think it's hard to commit someone against their will. Most likely she would be in for a couple of days and then released. Maybe she will agree to voluntary treatment.

it is very common for people that suffer from bipolar disorder to self-medicate, that's a textbook sign (i have a family member who is bipolar). i'm thinking this is the case with her. it's very sad ...

it is very common for people that suffer from bipolar disorder to self-medicate, that's a textbook sign (i have a family member who is bipolar). i'm thinking this is the case with her. it's very sad ...
we had a family member who was clearly mentally ill. she was too paranoid to ever accept any form of treatment or get evaluated. don't know if she was bipolar. she is dead now. sad

She was just in a 72 hour hold for being suicidal last week. They released her and now this....I hope she gets the proper help she needs. My heart goes out to her... I've always been a fan.

Reactions: cdtracing
we had a family member who was clearly mentally ill. she was too paranoid to ever accept any form of treatment or get evaluated. don't know if she was bipolar. she is dead now. sad
yes, many people who suffer from any kind of mental illness don't get treatment or stay on the medication. my family member would stay on the medication for a while but then she'd go off. She lost everything - her home, her job, literally everything. she's now been on the meds for years, thank God! she told me one time that the manic phase is almost like an addictive high so when you go on the meds you miss that high. i wonder what Ms Locklear's family history is? many of these issues (alcoholism, mental illness, etc...) are hereditary.

Reactions: cdtracing
My heart breaks for her daughter. It would be hard enough to deal with all that she is going through with her Mom, but to have it all out there for the public to see. Just so sad.
I always enjoyed Heather's acting. Mental illness is so cruel. I hope she gets the help she needs. I worry if she doesn't, she will be yet another celebrity who we will hear about committing suicide...

Reactions: lanasyogamama
She's very lucky she didn't get herself shot, attacking the officers and EMT that way.

This is a very, very sad situation. Clearly there's some mental health issues at play here along with who knows what else, substance abuse, maybe a bad relationship..

A 5150 won't be enough. They can only hold her for 72 hours. I think what her family are hoping for is that the police will force her into treatment or these instances will be enough to get a conservatorship.

She needs help desperately. I've always had a soft spot for her. I hope she gets the help she needs or I fear we are going to see a very sad post on her soon.

Reactions: Grande Latte
This is sad. She doesn't want to live.
it doesn't look good for her. On the other hand, most of the celebs who have committed suicide were a great surprise to the public - Robin Williams, Anthony Bourdain, Kate Spade - none of them displayed this type of behavior.
Some TV show last night said she is ready to admit herself for rehab - probably because it beats jail time. Hope she is sincere in wanting help.