OMG !! I just met one of those Fake-makers...

LouisVObsession

An Hermes Addict
O.G.
Jan 14, 2007
..or whatever it is you call a person who makes fake bags.. :tdown:

I was on the train earlier today to go to Emporium Complex (a shopping mall here in Thailand). This 45-ish man was sitting beside me and was looking intently at my GM Bosphore.

Then he asked me politely if it was a real "LV" and I said yes. Then he asked me how to differentiate a fake from a real Lv bag and i thought he was just interested , so i told him about the stitching, the placement of the design, the feel of the canvas, the vachetta, the serial code blah blah...

Then i realized he was copying them all down and i asked him why..

AND GUESS WHAT HE SAID??!

He said he works at a factory that makes fake LVs and that all of the helpful hints I gave him will help him make his fake bags look even more "real"..

I am so ashamed right now I dont know what to say.... :crybaby:

I just helped the counterfeiters....

:sad:

After he said told me what he wanted the info for, I would have whacked him over the head with my real LV! :bagslap:
Okay, so maybe I just wanted an excuse to use the "bagslap" smiley. Seriously, you had no way of knowing what the guy was asking for. He could have as easily been someone looking for tips for buying LV on eBay or something similar. I look at it this way: no matter how much info the fakers get on the real thing, their fakes never truly measure up. There's always something that gives them away.

How could you?!?!? :P

When people ask me publicly how to differentiate a real froma fake in public, I just tell them there are many ways to tell and just move on to a different suject.

At the end of the day, his bags will still be fakes, no matter how real they look. Therefore he sucks, you do not, you have the real deal. Not your fault - I wouldn't fret on it.