OMG !! I just met one of those Fake-makers...

don't feel bad about it.

i think any one of us would just have been as readily available to provide info to educate others about LV. just that this guy was a bad person to trick you before telling you what he wants to use the info for.

How could you?!?!? :P

When people ask me publicly how to differentiate a real froma fake in public, I just tell them there are many ways to tell and just move on to a different suject.

ITA John.

When I tell others I bought my bag second hand (ie off eBay) and they ask me how I can tell it's authentic, I just reply, "I love LV, so I just can..."

Don't worry about it.......a FAKE no matter what, will NEVER compare in quality to an authentic, handmade, fabrique en France, Louis Vuitton.......

It's not your fault, there's no way you could have known.

I can't believe people like that..the nerve. It almost makes me not want to carry designer bags anymore because people are counterfeiting them...it takes away from the "special-ness" [excuse my lack of vocabulary] of having a designer handbag.

I would not worry about it...no matter how many tips these guys get,they still can't measure up to the quality of a real LV. Besides, if they really wanted to, they could get these tips elsewhere too.

oh boy, but its okay you didnt know. That is why I think its safer just to buy it from LV or elux. LV I think will have to come up with more authenticity features for the bags its for their own good.