Which should I go for: Birkin 25 or Birkin 30?

Pls excuse the PJ. I included a pix of b25 also for your reference. When i took the 35 out, spouse was like ‘wow, that’s UNUSUAL’.

For me, size aside, it is a heavy bag. I used to walk to work from SoHo to 5th Ave and 50th in NY. First time i used the b35, i barely had anything in it and my arm was actually bruised (v v slightly, but bruised nonetheless). Also, i am wearing a lot more flats now and proportionally, i just find it too big for me. Dont get me wrong, i LOVE the looks of 35. I see ppl w it and get jealous at how effortlessly chic it looks on them. Unfortunately, i am not one of those women who can pull it off...
View attachment 4030837 View attachment 4030838

Thanks for these. Amazingly different size on you. I agree the B35 is incredibly chic but does look a little large here.

Thanks for these. Amazingly different size on you. I agree the B35 is incredibly chic but does look a little large here.
i know. I am a shorty.
My first bag was the b25 in pix above (from early 2000). So by 2004, i just wanted a big bag.... and now, it’s there for sentimental reasons...

i know. I am a shorty.
My first bag was the b25 in pix above (from early 2000). So by 2004, i just wanted a big bag.... and now, it’s there for sentimental reasons...

No - not a shorty and I still love the B35 and think you totally rock it. I do think though it's a bag for a particular purpose for you. Definitely keep it for sentimentality and when you need to move large lightweight objects around :smile:

I used to think the B35 was large but I just realised it's pretty much the same size as a Mulberry Bayswater which was to this day my most heavily used and abused designer bag. I used it every day for years and years and love it still. I don't carry it but cannot let it go. I got so much joy and use out of it. So, I'm thinking my B35 will be a worthy replacement. Although I won't be using it for work.

Pls excuse the PJ. I included a pix of b25 also for your reference. When i took the 35 out, spouse was like ‘wow, that’s UNUSUAL’.

For me, size aside, it is a heavy bag. I used to walk to work from SoHo to 5th Ave and 50th in NY. First time i used the b35, i barely had anything in it and my arm was actually bruised (v v slightly, but bruised nonetheless). Also, i am wearing a lot more flats now and proportionally, i just find it too big for me. Dont get me wrong, i LOVE the looks of 35. I see ppl w it and get jealous at how effortlessly chic it looks on them. Unfortunately, i am not one of those women who can pull it off...
View attachment 4030837 View attachment 4030838
Oh, I just LOVE the way the 25 looks!!!!

Reactions: Cococovered and DYH
Are you planning to own only one Birkin?
I asked myself this question before. I ended up getting B30 then B25. There is no way you can choose between these 2 size cause they are just perfect IMO.
I already have a B35, but I feel like it’s too big ( and heavy!!). So now I’m in the market for a B30, but I am really loving smaller bags, so have also been obsessing over the B25. I would be using the bag all the time. I am a hand held kind of girl, but I do need to be able to wear it on my arm. I am so loving the 25, but am afraid it will be too small. And on the other hand, I’m afraid the 30 will be too big.

Reactions: Summerof89
I already have a B35, but I feel like it’s too big ( and heavy!!). So now I’m in the market for a B30, but I am really loving smaller bags, so have also been obsessing over the B25. I would be using the bag all the time. I am a hand held kind of girl, but I do need to be able to wear it on my arm. I am so loving the 25, but am afraid it will be too small. And on the other hand, I’m afraid the 30 will be too big.
i wear a fitbit regularly and am able to get the 25 on my arm quite comfortably. Only time I don't do it is during winter when I have a bigger coat. Works with CDC too. That said, I don't do layers of bangles and bracelets so not sure how the 25 would do on the arm with that.

i wear a fitbit regularly and am able to get the 25 on my arm quite comfortably. Only time I don't do it is during winter when I have a bigger coat. Works with CDC too. That said, I don't do layers of bangles and bracelets so not sure how the 25 would do on the arm with that.
I think I’m back to where I was before - I need both!! The B30 for winter and a B25 for summer. I’ll go for the B30 now and save save save to get a B25 in the future.