Space for Guys & their Hermès

I think I need some help. I'm a guy, 28, and I want to get an Hermes bag for myself but I'm not sure which and I have a relatively limited budget (around $6000). I know, it's not a lot at all sadly...but that's how it goes sometimes. I usually buy scarves for myself and twilly's but now I think I want to make the transition, something to work towards. I figure who else could help me but all of you lovely people on here!

I had a nice satchel (40Wx35H) at one point that was my life but I want to upgrade to something a little more glamorous. Most of the time I used my satchel to carry around my gaming supplies, cosmetics and even the odd clothing item so I'd like a bag I could do this with. I also need something that has the option to go over or around my shoulders/crossbody. Does Hermes do "alterations" to bags to allow for this or sell straps for bags that can then be worn crossbody? I want a nice bag though. None of the bags in the men's section are very glamorous or suit my style/tastes so I'm wondering if there's something you could all recommend?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm still new to anything that's not scarves at this point.

Perhaps a Evelyne TGM? It’s pretty large, and is crossbody. If you’re smart and know where to shop, you may luck out and find a Kelly 50, or a Kelly 40. The thing with those two is to check the length of the strap.

Reactions: perthhermes
Thank you Tony Yang and Louis74! I WAS looking at the Garden Party, but I noticed it isn't crossbody. I do like the roominess of the bag though. If I want a different color than the one on the site, how do I go about thay? Or is it whatever's on the site is what im stuck with?

I'll definitely look at the Evelyn and Halzan as well as Chester and Peter!

If you can...I'd look in the pre-loved market. You can get an amazing bag for so much cheaper! And you can get it authenticated here or use a paid service too! You can get a nice bolide or something, it has a top handle and a shoulder strap!

If you can...I'd look in the pre-loved market. You can get an amazing bag for so much cheaper! And you can get it authenticated here or use a paid service too! You can get a nice bolide or something, it has a top handle and a shoulder strap!

Im contemplating that route. My fear is the chance if it might be fake. A part of me feels like I should start a relationship with an SA as well...im going to check online though in the preloved dept

Im contemplating that route. My fear is the chance if it might be fake. A part of me feels like I should start a relationship with an SA as well...im going to check online though in the preloved dept

I agree, although authentication is pretty accurate here and with A4U or Bababebi. Also, ordering from reputable websites helps because they tend to be authentic. But authentication should give you peace of mind.

I agree, although authentication is pretty accurate here and with A4U or Bababebi. Also, ordering from reputable websites helps because they tend to be authentic. But authentication should give you peace of mind.

If I go the route of purchasing at my local Hermes, how do I go about getting a color I'd like? I saw the Evelyne and the Garden Party but I'd really love them in a nice green or vibrant blue.

Reactions: Louis74
If I go the route of purchasing at my local Hermes, how do I go about getting a color I'd like? I saw the Evelyne and the Garden Party but I'd really love them in a nice green or vibrant blue.

Simply ask what they have available! I was shown several different shades of blue when I bought my Evie GM several months ago. I had maybe 4-5different colors in the blue family to choose from. I ultimately chose Bleu Paradise. I know I had Blue jean, bleu paon, bleu Zanzibar, bleu electrique, and I want to say bleu nuit. IMG_1514839516.010226.jpg

Simply ask what they have available! I was shown several different shades of blue when I bought my Evie GM several months ago. I had maybe 4-5different colors in the blue family to choose from. I ultimately chose Bleu Paradise. I know I had Blue jean, bleu paon, bleu Zanzibar, bleu electrique, and I want to say bleu nuit. View attachment 3921686

Oh it's that simple?! That's reassuring and a load off my chest. I've heard stories of people being neglected and or ignored completely when asking for bags. I personally don't have much of any relationship with a particular SA so I was worried.

I LOVE that blue you chose btw! I think that color will sit in the back of mind when I'm choosing colors.

Oh it's that simple?! That's reassuring and a load off my chest. I've heard stories of people being neglected and or ignored completely when asking for bags. I personally don't have much of any relationship with a particular SA so I was worried.

I LOVE that blue you chose btw! I think that color will sit in the back of mind when I'm choosing colors.

It should be that simple! This color is a chameleon. It can be neutral or a nice pop of blue!