Space for Guys & their Hermès

You’re welcome! I do really love it. The other colors I also like are colvert, prune, and Etain. Just an FYI - I saw about 7 of them in various colors and 5 of them seemed to have some bulges/wrinkles in the leather which seemed very uncharacteristic of Hermes workmanship. But it bothered me so I wouldn’t even consider them. It also seems like the swift ones had this problem more than the Epsom and evercolor ones.

I'm leaning more towards the Etain so I'm glad you like the color, prune sounds gorgeous too, I need to see that one. I wonder why some of them had the bubble/wrinkle issue though. I agree, totally unlike typical Hermes craftsmanship. I was thinking of ordering online but now I will definitely go in store to avoid getting one of the bubbly/wrinkled ones in the mail. I love swift and I've had wonderful experience with swift in the past. I think I've handled Evercolor once before and loved that too. I think I'm open to both leathers as long I find the color I want.

Reactions: Hermezzy and MYH
Hey! Thanks for the help!! I used to own the billfold version actually and felt the same way which is why I sold it. I have the tiny cardholder version too and that one works just fine though. I'm starting to think why the billfolds may have that issue with the excessive stretching? Definitely weird.

I don't think it's the billfold. I have a Hermes Copernic and a Bearn Compact, both are billfolds, and the card slots are super tight. I think it's the card slot design. The Citizen has these card "slits" which might get loose.

I don't think it's the billfold. I have a Hermes Copernic and a Bearn Compact, both are billfolds, and the card slots are super tight. I think it's the card slot design. The Citizen has these card "slits" which might get loose.

Yup that's what I meant. But for some reason in my cardholder version the slots are super tight. In the billfold citizen twill they were pretty loose and shaky. Not sure why tbh.

I think I need some help. I'm a guy, 28, and I want to get an Hermes bag for myself but I'm not sure which and I have a relatively limited budget (around $6000). I know, it's not a lot at all sadly...but that's how it goes sometimes. I usually buy scarves for myself and twilly's but now I think I want to make the transition, something to work towards. I figure who else could help me but all of you lovely people on here!

I had a nice satchel (40Wx35H) at one point that was my life but I want to upgrade to something a little more glamorous. Most of the time I used my satchel to carry around my gaming supplies, cosmetics and even the odd clothing item so I'd like a bag I could do this with. I also need something that has the option to go over or around my shoulders/crossbody. Does Hermes do "alterations" to bags to allow for this or sell straps for bags that can then be worn crossbody? I want a nice bag though. None of the bags in the men's section are very glamorous or suit my style/tastes so I'm wondering if there's something you could all recommend?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm still new to anything that's not scarves at this point.

I think I need some help. I'm a guy, 28, and I want to get an Hermes bag for myself but I'm not sure which and I have a relatively limited budget (around $6000). I know, it's not a lot at all sadly...but that's how it goes sometimes. I usually buy scarves for myself and twilly's but now I think I want to make the transition, something to work towards. I figure who else could help me but all of you lovely people on here!

I had a nice satchel (40Wx35H) at one point that was my life but I want to upgrade to something a little more glamorous. Most of the time I used my satchel to carry around my gaming supplies, cosmetics and even the odd clothing item so I'd like a bag I could do this with. I also need something that has the option to go over or around my shoulders/crossbody. Does Hermes do "alterations" to bags to allow for this or sell straps for bags that can then be worn crossbody? I want a nice bag though. None of the bags in the men's section are very glamorous or suit my style/tastes so I'm wondering if there's something you could all recommend?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm still new to anything that's not scarves at this point.

So when I first got into Hermes bags...one thing I noticed....there is no Hermes mens bag (except the "Steve Meeting" bag) that can be carried both crossbody and also have a handle. It's annoying but Hermes honestly doesn't do "practical" that well, but insane quality of construction and material.

No Hermes will not do alterations on bags. They do custom bags but those cost waaay over 6000 and usually you have to be a vip customer.

If there is no style/design you want but still want the high quality saddle stitching construction and impeccable leather quality try contacting Chester Mox or Peter Nitz. They both do Hermes quality work and bespoke bags.

Reactions: Kitsune711

You can perhaps look into the Evelyne or the Halzan. I have the Evelyne GM and it is quite roomy. I can wear it on a shoulder or crossbody. I am thinking of getting the Halzan too. I find it quite stylish (it has a saddle bag look to it), but I wish it came in a large size.

Reactions: Kitsune711
Thank you Tony Yang and Louis74! I WAS looking at the Garden Party, but I noticed it isn't crossbody. I do like the roominess of the bag though. If I want a different color than the one on the site, how do I go about thay? Or is it whatever's on the site is what im stuck with?

I'll definitely look at the Evelyn and Halzan as well as Chester and Peter!

The Steve Caporal, especially if you can get one with a well contrasted lining would come in directly at your price point.
The larger Steve is +$1500
Similarly the Bardas are around you price point.
BUT BUT...
If you want the saddlery look and feel: the newish Evelyne Sellier in hunter leather will give you $s to spare to go towards the next purchase (now that you are on the slippery slope). It has a very discrete and stylish H imprint.
Look at page 535 of this thread VertBronze's post #8019 made me really want one.
£3000 UK Stirling - you can see it on the UK website, but I couldn't find one on the USA site just now.

Reactions: J.T.
Thank you Tony Yang and Louis74! I WAS looking at the Garden Party, but I noticed it isn't crossbody. I do like the roominess of the bag though. If I want a different color than the one on the site, how do I go about thay? Or is it whatever's on the site is what im stuck with?

I'll definitely look at the Evelyn and Halzan as well as Chester and Peter!
Lindy34 Vic45 kelly relax
6000 can get gd deal gd conditions from secondary market
I have seen some guys rocking the above mentioned bags as workhorse