Handbag heaven - but didn't but a thing!

flyvetjo

Jo
O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
Went to Liberty's in london today and they have masses of bags for 50% and 30% off. Was very tempted by a Mulberry belgrave but have stuck to my mantra of ' I can't do handheld bags' so managed not to part with any money!!!
Anyone else been and did you pick up any bargains? lots of chloes's going cheap!

I obviously can't spell today - the title is supposed to say- didn't BUY a thing!!!!!!!

oooh, I'm going to be in London soon....my kids will kill me if I spend our precious time handbag shopping....probably will be all gone by the time i get there...that's a good thing!

Went to Liberty's in london today and they have masses of bags for 50% and 30% off. Was very tempted by a Mulberry belgrave but have stuck to my mantra of ' I can't do handheld bags' so managed not to part with any money!!!
Anyone else been and did you pick up any bargains? lots of chloes's going cheap!

I obviously can't spell today - the title is supposed to say- didn't BUY a thing!!!!!!!

I was there yesterday and was not as good as you. I have a real penchant for the Liberty of London bags and nabbed two bags. One was a lovely evening bag in a baby blue, made of perch (a type of fish) - sounds gross but I can assure it its incredibly tactile. It has a fantastically long and heavy twisted brass chain which means I can wear it cross body or as a shoulder bag.

The other one was a bowling bag with lucite handles and Ianthe embossed print. I wanted it in yellow but they were sold out. My regular SA told me to buy it anyway (to take advantage of the extra 10% discount for Liberty Cardholders) and she would put one on hold for me next week when they get more in. She will then do a straight swap for me. Both were 50% off, not including the additional 10%, and I managed to save £400.

oooh, I'm going to be in London soon....my kids will kill me if I spend our precious time handbag shopping....probably will be all gone by the time i get there...that's a good thing!

No, but you can definitely keep the kids happy and visit Liberty - it is only a few steps from London's most famous toy store, Hamleys and if they are older, the flagship Topshop/Topman including junior ranges is a stone's throw away - something for everyone!

You have such a great eye Tiggers and I agree that the Liberty bags are a wonderful unknown in the world of handbags that always deserve attention!

Thanks, Miss Sooky. I am really pleased with my purchases although I am having a hard time trying to convince my friends about my 'fish' bag - although, they've not yet had a chance to see it IRL.

In fact, the Liberty SA and I were both discussing the relative calm in the Liberty of London boutique area compared to the accessories room next door despite the bargains to be had. All things being equal, I would much rather carry a low profile brand and feel really unique, especially in a big city like London!

Ah, it is a great place to have in your dreams! I am biased because I have been here since leaving university in Oxford nearly 20 years ago, but I love it . . . . . .it is grubby, noisy, busy, stressful . . .and vibrant, exciting, diverse, stimulating, intelligent and exotic!

Ah, it is a great place to have in your dreams! I am biased because I have been here since leaving university in Oxford nearly 20 years ago, but I love it . . . . . .it is grubby, noisy, busy, stressful . . .and vibrant, exciting, diverse, stimulating, intelligent and exotic!

Couldn't agree more. London is the most diverse city in the world. There is always something to do, whatever your inclinations.