DINO Clubhouse

"Metallic Grass" (or so I'm told) T-rex Christmas ornament. I had told my SA I was going to order it as part of a F&F order, but when I got to the store today, she had already bought it and gave it to me for my birthday next week.

I have a lot of rexies at this point, but this is "The One". Why? Because the coloring is identical to our much loved, deceased Maximillion Pionus Parrot, "Corazon". We've had 14 parrots (mostly rescues) in hubby and my 20+ years together, but Cora was "the one". We fought for her for her entire 15-year life, until she died of auto-immune issues. And birds are descended from the therapod line of dinosaurs, of which T-rex and Velociraptor are the best known. There's even fossil evidence that those dino's already had feathers with quills.

(The weird thing? The night before I told my SA that I wanted this ornament, I had a dream of Cora doing kung fu like our daughter does, and breaking her wing in the process. She actually had broken her wing while alive, as a side-effect of the auto-immune. When I called my SA the next morning, and she said, "It's metallic grass color," I thought, "Wow, Cora's feathers were irridescent green. Weird coincidence." So today, when SA gave it to me, I was trying to explain Cora's real-life coloring, and by the biggest dumb-luck, the wallet I was carrying actually had one of her feathers in it, of this exact green and with the sheen of irridescence. :huh:. I keep parrot feathers in all of my many wallets ... a weird tradition from umpteen veterinary visits ... and I just happened to have one of the right wallets, with one of the right feathers, with me by utter coincidence. ... :huh: again ... I was supposed to get this, no doubt left in my mind.)

(One more sidenote on the ornament ... it's actually like a patent, with a metallic irridescence underneath the surface.)

Attachments

• t-rex-cora.jpg
    t-rex-cora.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 455
  • cora.jpg
    cora.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 444
"Metallic Grass" (or so I'm told) T-rex Christmas ornament. I had told my SA I was going to order it as part of a F&F order, but when I got to the store today, she had already bought it and gave it to me for my birthday next week.

I have a lot of rexies at this point, but this is "The One". Why? Because the coloring is identical to our much loved, deceased Maximillion Pionus Parrot, "Corazon". We've had 14 parrots (mostly rescues) in hubby and my 20+ years together, but Cora was "the one". We fought for her for her entire 15-year life, until she died of auto-immune issues. And birds are descended from the therapod line of dinosaurs, of which T-rex and Velociraptor are the best known. There's even fossil evidence that those dino's already had feathers with quills.

(The weird thing? The night before I told my SA that I wanted this ornament, I had a dream of Cora doing kung fu like our daughter does, and breaking her wing in the process. She actually had broken her wing while alive, as a side-effect of the auto-immune. When I called my SA the next morning, and she said, "It's metallic grass color," I thought, "Wow, Cora's feathers were irridescent green. Weird coincidence." So today, when SA gave it to me, I was trying to explain Cora's real-life coloring, and by the biggest dumb-luck, the wallet I was carrying actually had one of her feathers in it, of this exact green and with the sheen of irridescence. :huh:. I keep parrot feathers in all of my many wallets ... a weird tradition from umpteen veterinary visits ... and I just happened to have one of the right wallets, with one of the right feathers, with me by utter coincidence. ... :huh: again ... I was supposed to get this, no doubt left in my mind.)

(One more sidenote on the ornament ... it's actually like a patent, with a metallic irridescence underneath the surface.)
What a beautiful story♡

Reactions: momtok