Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

BTW, Dooney has a program and they will give you a 50% credit on the original retail value of a handbag, toward the purchase (on Dooney.com) of a new handbag of retail value equal or greater than the original trade in handbag. You don't need receipts and it doesn't matter what you paid, they will do the research.
What I don't know is since your tag was sliced if they will do a trade in on the bag. But other posters might have more experience in this area and you could post a trade in question if you wanted to pursue it.
They won't do anything for a customer with a snipped/removed tag. That's why they do that to the tag; it carries no warranty or tradein value. In fact, the color loss could have been the reason for the bag being sold at the outlet.

ETA: Here's a link to their policy:
http://www.dooney.com/customer-service/the-dooney-guarantee/repairs-replacements.html

You might want to call and ask about trading in bags with snipped labels.

THE DOONEY & BOURKE REPAIR/REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
REPAIRS:
After the initial year covered by our guarantee, we will gladly repair any Dooney & Bourke bag or accessory that has become damaged or worn. Repair costs vary, depending on the condition of the item, but will not exceed half of the current retail price for that particular style. Once we receive an item for repair, we will inspect the item, advise you of repair costs (via mail, allow 1-2 weeks) and request your approval before any repair work takes place. If your bag or accessory is beyond repair or if repair costs exceed half of the current retail price you will be eligible for a replacement.

REPLACEMENTS:
If an item is beyond repair, or if the repair costs exceed half of the current retail price, you have the option of having it replaced. You will be offered credit for half the current retail price of that item to apply toward a replacement item of equal or greater value. Cannot be applied to sale prices. Please note: The original item will not be returned to you. Once you have authorized a replacement, this item will be destroyed.

PROCESSING:
To repair or replace an item please return it to our factory with your name, address, and phone number (day and evening) via insured mail or UPS. Be sure to include a description of the repair / replacement needed. Allow 1-2 weeks for a written response and 4-6 weeks time for your requested repair and/or replacement.

Dooney & Bourke, Inc.
Att: Return Department
1 Regent Street
E. Norwalk, CT 06855

If you have any questions, we're here to help. Contact us at (800) 347-5000 or [email protected].

NOTE: Dooney & Bourke reserves the right to reject or cancel any order at any time and provide a refund of any amounts paid.

Hello!
I am not familiar with the Dooney Alto collection.
Could anyone say if these two bags are authentic?
Dooney & Bourke Alto Collection Zip Zip Satchel, Saddle / Red Stitching w/ Strap
Seller : chocogemini (282 )
eBay item number:292284496248
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-Bour...el-Saddle-Red-Stitching-w-Strap-/292284496248

Dooney and Bourke Alto collection zip zip satchel
Seller : cobehunter (805 )
eBay item number: 192328178750
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-and-Bourke-Alto-collection-zip-zip-satchel-/192328178750

Thank you for your opinions and time.

Hello!
I am not familiar with the Dooney Alto collection.
Could anyone say if these two bags are authentic?
Dooney & Bourke Alto Collection Zip Zip Satchel, Saddle / Red Stitching w/ Strap
Seller : chocogemini (282 )
eBay item number:292284496248
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-Bour...el-Saddle-Red-Stitching-w-Strap-/292284496248

Dooney and Bourke Alto collection zip zip satchel
Seller : cobehunter (805 )
eBay item number: 192328178750
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-and-Bourke-Alto-collection-zip-zip-satchel-/192328178750

Thank you for your opinions and time.
First one is authentic.

Second is probably okay but the seller doesn't have enough of the right pictures. Please request pictures of both front and back of the red, white and blue label from inside the bag.

Hoping to get an authentication on a wallet. Definitely leather, but no label inside, so not sure. Being sold locally on a facebook site, and don't want to get ripped off. Thanks so much!View attachment 3847333 View attachment 3847337 View attachment 3847334View attachment 3847335 View attachment 3847336
It's fine. Wallets don't have labels or serial numbers but there are definitely details to prove (or disprove) authenticity.

The pattern is shadow signature pattern.

Re: Dooney red bag continued...Color transfer exists on the whole bag. I used Coach cleaner and Coach conditioner and white paper towels and red transfer occurred. Definitely risky to use in current state. Will probably contact DB and see if they recommend anything. Will report back if I get any interesting info. Thanks to ALL for your insights.
PS. Will be sticking to vintage Coach from now on!!

Attachments

• IMG_20171007_174115_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20171007_174115_hdr.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: Catbird9
Re: Dooney red bag continued...Color transfer exists on the whole bag. I used Coach cleaner and Coach conditioner and white paper towels and red transfer occurred. Definitely risky to use in current state. Will probably contact DB and see if they recommend anything. Will report back if I get any interesting info. Thanks to ALL for your insights.
PS. Will be sticking to vintage Coach from now on!!
Dooney does not recommend the use of any leather cleaning or conditioning products on their leathers.
It will be interesting to hear what they tell you. There is no way to know what caused the problem..... did the original owner (s) do something, was it a problem in the manufacturing process, or was it the cleaner and conditioner? Or some combination of the above.

Dooney does not recommend the use of any leather cleaning or conditioning products on their leathers.It will be interesting to hear what they tell you.
Hi,
I only used the Coach cleaner and conditioner AFTER I found that the entire bag was transferring dye when I had originally gently rubbed with water and a paper towel. As the water and paper towel kept picking up the red dye, I switched to the Coach products hoping they would sorta lift the excess dye off better than did the H2O. After applying Coach Conditioner, I shoe-brushed the leather. But, nope, dye was still coming off the next morning after having let the conditioner sit and settle in. As the purse was bought from a charity store (for $69), I don't know what happened to it prior to it entering my life. I suspect, as one of the amazing authenticators suggested, it was sold in an outlet (clipped tag) precisely because it had a dye-related flaw. Well, I wrote to [email protected] this a.m. and hope they have a solution. Will let you know either way.

I didn't bid on this but I'm curious about it. Is that the original coloring? I realize there isn't a clear picture of the tag so I don't expect you will be able to tell if it is authentic, but I was more interested in whether the style looks right.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-DOO...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
seller: 2011mariacastro
# 292286081431
Name: Vintage DOONEY AND BOURKE AWL Taupe Leather Tote Cross body Bag

I didn't bid on this but I'm curious about it. Is that the original coloring? I realize there isn't a clear picture of the tag so I don't expect you will be able to tell if it is authentic, but I was more interested in whether the style looks right.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-DOONEY-AND-BOURKE-AWL-Taupe-Leather-Tote-Cross-body-Bag-/292286081431?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=EIVdXynPcuZcOuAC1tuuyH4VdZc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
# 292286081431
I believe it is the original color. I don't see anything that indicates it was altered and I'm comfortable enough with what I see to say it's fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-DOONEY-AND-BOURKE-AWL-Taupe-Leather-Tote-Cross-body-Bag-/292286081431?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=EIVdXynPcuZcOuAC1tuuyH4VdZc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
# 292286081431
I believe it is the original color. I don't see anything that indicates it was altered and I'm comfortable enough with what I see to say it's fine.

I agree it’s an authentic Small Satchel. There were several minor changes in the style over the years. The color looks like Taupe with Burnt Cedar trim, an unusual combination.

Hello, Can you please help authenticate this D&B carrier bag? I'm not sure of the color combination.

Attachments

• IMG_1562.JPG
    IMG_1562.JPG
    188.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG