Some idiot drove into my car today!

merika

Wol
O.G.
Nov 1, 2006
I was going for a meeting at school and driving down the main road in my area of Connecticut, when some guy drives down a side road, stops at a stop sign (I saw him stopping), accelerates without seeing my car and crashes into the passenger side of my car! I saw his car moving forward and braked, but not enough to prevent his car from hitting mine entirely...now my passenger side is dented badly. I can still drive my car, thankfully.

But get this - the guy had a chihuahua in the driver's seat with him! He looked out of the window towards the left but his dog was on his lap and sticking it's head out of the driver's window because it must have blocked his view. I started braking because I saw a dog's head out of the driver's window and the driver blindly accelerating, and so my car wasn't going at 45mph when he hit me.

I am SO MAD. Stupid, stupid man, suppose my son was in my car when he hit me? Doesn't he know it's not safe to put your dog in your lap when you drive??? He said he was taking the dog to the vet and the dog didn't like to be restrained and "cries if she can't sit in my lap"!! GRRR

Its a good thing you are okay. You should go get yourself checked out just in case.

I would of yelled at the guy after finding out he and the dog was okay. He should of had the dog restrained. Idiot!

OH stupid drivers suck! I hope you're okay... I can't believe he was just holding on to the dog. Good thing it didn't fly off the window during the impact.

Oh man! Sorry to hear that...

Yeah, I don't get it when people have their dogs on their laps while they drive..it annoys me. I don't find it cute at all!!! People can be so inconsiderate of others...

I hope you're not hurting. Sometimes people don't seem to hurt right after an accident and then it hits after a day or two. How was his dog? That is soooo dangerous for a dog. I hate seeing people ride a dog in their lap.

Oh no, so sorry this happened to you! You should go to the hospital right away because the effects of an accident are usually felt later. I was rear-ended about 4 years ago and the docs said to expect more pain or emotional problems later and they were right. Take good care and I hope this guys insurance can fix your car soon.