Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2017 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that two years ago when i turned 40. I got rid of a lot of junk pieces and replaced with quality that I really love and feel good in and want to wear. It was pretty much a soul searching process for a milestone birthday.
Quality over quantity, totally agree. I still love and wear the items that I bought from the Anniversary sale 2-3 years ago and update with a few inexpensive 'trend' items

Regarding the Kate Spade tassel sneakers -- I placed my order for them on Thursday but was pretty sure I would get the cancellation email bc they sold out immediately after. Just got my ship email and I'm excited to try them on. But if they don't work out I will post back here when I return them so hopefully someone here can scoop them up from my store (size 7.5 btw).
Keep us posted! I'm a 7.5 and I ordered quite a few shoes. What's one more pair? (Kidding!) I don't plan on keeping them all, unless hubby will build that addition for my shoes that he keeps saying no to. :biggrin:

I would love to hear reviews of the GloPro- really curious about whether it makes a visible difference. On a separate note, I saw the Dyson at my local Nordstrom- if this were offered at an AS discount price (rather than just getting special packaging) I would definitely think about getting it.

I got it and used it last night, but can't really review it until a month probably. But so far so good - I'm excited about it!

Reactions: taxvixen
Ten Things I Wish I Could Tell the Nordstrom Buying Team As Another Anniversary Sale Is Underway

1. Too much trend; not enough classic- help women build a year-round wardrobe by offering good quality lighter wool gabardine separates in a variety of solid colors - navy, black, grey, camel, hunter, burgundy- and offer new coordinating pieces at each AS. Each year design silk blouses with 3-4 of the gabardine colors in a pattern that can be worn with all the separates.

2. Accessories are the key- the assortment of scarves has *really* gone downhill.Each year there should be a fabulous "it" scarf in at least three color-ways of luxurious silk or wool or silk/wool/cashmere. This should be a $300 scarf that has everyone drooling. Why not offer one or two really fabulous and unique French scarves (online only), such as from Wolff et Descourtis? Or what about teaming up with Diwali to bring in their cheap and cheerful wool and silk scarves?

3. Same comment as #2 but as applied to a wrap or poncho. What happened to the beautiful tissue thin pashminas for travel? Offer a fabulous exclusive Max Mara or St. John or Lori Piana cashmere poncho.

4. Fashion jewelry at Nordstrom has become a fashion bust. There should be offerings of statement necklaces, both chunky and skinny bracelets, daytime gold and silver tone earrings, a terrific must-have brooch (think Chanel eye knockoff). This year crushed velvet is everywhere- but there are virtually no offerings incorporating this theme in fashion jewelry. Offer an exclusive Barrera or Ben-Amun or Ciner piece- one just for each Anniversary Sale that women can collect year after year. Work with overseas fashion jewelry companies (for example, Cécile et Jeanne or even something special and upscale like Madame et Son Bouledogue) and have limited edition special offerings.

5. Fine jewelry- offer BL custom design with delivery 4-6 weeks after the AS. Trunk shows are nice- custom design is nicer. Rumor has it this is the last year for the skinny bangle during the AS- huge mistake. Where are pearls? Why not an exclusive Yurman piece for the AS?

6. Handbags have become a snore- where are the lush, fabulous Chloe bags, or Burberry, 3.1 Philip Lim, or Alexander Wang for AS? The year's offerings are really sub-par. No exciting wallets. Saw no real daytime portfolios or evening clutches. Where's the fabulous buttery leather? Up the game by mixing up the brands (Jerome Dreyfuss, Céline, etc.). The Le Pliage expandable tote is great, but why not tie in to the Longchamp custom Pliage option? Speaking of snore, Nordstrom seems tired- gone are the excitement and beautiful decorations. The stores need sprucing up to create a visual experience.

7. Beauty- this department should be "points plus"- you get the normal reward points but also have a card that keeps track of beauty purchases. When you spend $2k (for example) give the customer a fabulous gift like a Dyson hairdryer or a La Mer gift set. And then start a contest called "The Find" where customers (who really do travel the world) turn Nordstrom on to unique beauty products they discover overseas. Choose five winners and shower them with gifts or give away a trip. For the AS offer custom engraving of lipstick tubes/compacts or a fabulous powder "pouf" (think Caron Paris swan down powder puff).

8. Import a custom Kusmi tea and a custom Ladurée macaroon and set up stands in the larger stores (home dept??) selling these just during the sale weeks, Valentine's Day and Xmas. Or really do something special and bring in Angelina hot chocolate mix and Jacques Genin caramels. Speaking of the home department, let customers design a day planner with choice of Kate Spade covers and customized inserts (customer gets a checklist of options-- day per page, or week per two pages, address book option, to do list options, etc). Nordstrom builds the day planner based on what's checked and customer can pick it up within a week.

9. Keep customers in the store and shopping by offering them a free lunch in the cafe with a $500 total in same day store purchases. Why let people leave the store for lunch when they can eat and then shop some more? Or offer them a coffee and cake break.

10. Shoes- offer a storage solution (team up with the Container Store or California Closets) so women don't have to worry about where to put those 5-10 new pair of shoes they buy during the AS. Are there shoes only available on-line? Keep a sample in the stores so customers can see them in person and then order while in the store. For shoes over $300 offer a certificate for a free resoling/ shoe repair.

My two cents- not worth even that. :smile:

Living vicariously through you ladies. Had a major financial emergency and it wiped my Nordstrom wishlist to dust. I'm heartbroken because I've had a really rough year and just wanted to treat myself a little, but everything happens for a reason I guess. Enjoy the rest of the sale ladies and I hope you get all on your list.-XOXO

Ten Things I Wish I Could Tell the Nordstrom Buying Team As Another Anniversary Sale Is Underway

1. Too much trend; not enough classic- help women build a year-round wardrobe by offering good quality lighter wool gabardine separates in a variety of solid colors - navy, black, grey, camel, hunter, burgundy- and offer new coordinating pieces at each AS. Each year design silk blouses with 3-4 of the gabardine colors in a pattern that can be worn with all the separates.

2. Accessories are the key- the assortment of scarves has *really* gone downhill.Each year there should be a fabulous "it" scarf in at least three color-ways of luxurious silk or wool or silk/wool/cashmere. This should be a $300 scarf that has everyone drooling. Why not offer one or two really fabulous and unique French scarves (online only), such as from Wolff et Descourtis? Or what about teaming up with Diwali to bring in their cheap and cheerful wool and silk scarves?

3. Same comment as #2 but as applied to a wrap or poncho. What happened to the beautiful tissue thin pashminas for travel? Offer a fabulous exclusive Max Mara or St. John or Lori Piana cashmere poncho.

4. Fashion jewelry at Nordstrom has become a fashion bust. There should be offerings of statement necklaces, both chunky and skinny bracelets, daytime gold and silver tone earrings, a terrific must-have brooch (think Chanel eye knockoff). This year crushed velvet is everywhere- but there are virtually no offerings incorporating this theme in fashion jewelry. Offer an exclusive Barrera or Ben-Amun or Ciner piece- one just for each Anniversary Sale that women can collect year after year. Work with overseas fashion jewelry companies (for example, Cécile et Jeanne or even something special and upscale like Madame et Son Bouledogue) and have limited edition special offerings.

5. Fine jewelry- offer BL custom design with delivery 4-6 weeks after the AS. Trunk shows are nice- custom design is nicer. Rumor has it this is the last year for the skinny bangle during the AS- huge mistake. Where are pearls? Why not an exclusive Yurman piece for the AS?

6. Handbags have become a snore- where are the lush, fabulous Chloe bags, or Burberry, 3.1 Philip Lim, or Alexander Wang for AS? The year's offerings are really sub-par. No exciting wallets. Saw no real daytime portfolios or evening clutches. Where's the fabulous buttery leather? Up the game by mixing up the brands (Jerome Dreyfuss, Céline, etc.). The Le Pliage expandable tote is great, but why not tie in to the Longchamp custom Pliage option? Speaking of snore, Nordstrom seems tired- gone are the excitement and beautiful decorations. The stores need sprucing up to create a visual experience.

7. Beauty- this department should be "points plus"- you get the normal reward points but also have a card that keeps track of beauty purchases. When you spend $2k (for example) give the customer a fabulous gift like a Dyson hairdryer or a La Mer gift set. And then start a contest called "The Find" where customers (who really do travel the world) turn Nordstrom on to unique beauty products they discover overseas. Choose five winners and shower them with gifts or give away a trip. For the AS offer custom engraving of lipstick tubes/compacts or a fabulous powder "pouf" (think Caron Paris swan down powder puff).

8. Import a custom Kusmi tea and a custom Ladurée macaroon and set up stands in the larger stores (home dept??) selling these just during the sale weeks, Valentine's Day and Xmas. Or really do something special and bring in Angelina hot chocolate mix and Jacques Genin caramels. Speaking of the home department, let customers design a day planner with choice of Kate Spade covers and customized inserts (customer gets a checklist of options-- day per page, or week per two pages, address book option, to do list options, etc). Nordstrom builds the day planner based on what's checked and customer can pick it up within a week.

9. Keep customers in the store and shopping by offering them a free lunch in the cafe with a $500 total in same day store purchases. Why let people leave the store for lunch when they can eat and then shop some more? Or offer them a coffee and cake break.

10. Shoes- offer a storage solution (team up with the Container Store or California Closets) so women don't have to worry about where to put those 5-10 new pair of shoes they buy during the AS. Are there shoes only available on-line? Keep a sample in the stores so customers can see them in person and then order while in the store. For shoes over $300 offer a certificate for a free resoling/ shoe repair.

My two cents- not worth even that. :smile:

Really great suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.