SDJ Men REVEAL

bagsrightnow

Mar 11, 2017
Greetings fellow TPFers!!

I finally succumbed to my bag addiction (AGAIN!) and got myself a SDJ for men last week. It's the men's size, and the version before the recent supple/souple one got released. I've been intending to replace my current bag for work - a black leather satchel from Bally. It's been my daily workhorse for 5 straight years and couldn't have been happier. But I think it's time to retire him.

So I got the SDJ from ssense and sweet Jesus the packaging was intense! Never seen so much bubble wrap and soft foam padding in my life![emoji13] The bag arrived in perfect condition - I was a little paranoid after reading some online reviews on the state of bags they can be after traveling several thousand miles. However, SSENSE did an excellent job in packaging it. Every part of the SDJ was wrapped in soft foam; the handles, leather strap, keys and clochette. The metal feet also had a plastic coat/film on it. The SDJ came with a black dust bag but no Saint Laurent box. TBH I wasn't expecting a Saint Laurent box since it was from ssense. Anyone here know if SDJs normally come with a Saint Laurent box if purchased straight from a Saint Laurent boutique....?

His arrival couldn't have been better too, as I was due to fly interstate for a work trip the day after! Was a little hesitant at taking him on a plane literally a day after he arrived, but hey, what better way to break him in right? [emoji13] so without crapping on for too much longer, here is my SDJ [emoji7][emoji7]

IMG_1496147851.646062.jpg

IMG_1496147871.138578.jpg

IMG_1496147890.814180.jpg

IMG_1496147966.759499.jpg

IMG_1496147997.408064.jpg

IMG_1496148014.094957.jpg

Will attach some mod shots later on in the week[emoji4]

I love the thicker strap! What a way to break him in, did he get his own seat?!

I've never had a Saint Laurent come in a box but no boutique here. I have heard of people getting a box in the US but only after asking. SLG do come in boxes.

Love the structured SDJ, I don't know if I can resist it! What's the inside like?

The thicker strap is one of the few reasons why I hunted this version down, rather than going for the Supple one...

1) thicker strap
2) the strap hooks onto the bag near the base of the handles (inside of bag). In the Supple, I noticed the strap attaches to the bag on the sides, near where the accordion is. I think overtime, this would cause the middle of the bag to bow or sag towards the middle (highly likely as well, given it is less structured)....
3) I dont think the supple has a dedicated men's version (at 40cm). I think it tops out at 36 or 38cm.

The inside of this SDJ is lined in full leather. I'm worried that my personal items will scratch it, so i'm starting to group similar items into little pouches to protect the inside. Also gives me another reason to shop for SLGs :lol:

I finally succumbed to my bag addiction (AGAIN!) and got myself a SDJ for men last week. It's the men's size, and the version before the recent supple/souple one got released. I've been intending to replace my current bag for work - a black leather satchel from Bally. It's been my daily workhorse for 5 straight years and couldn't have been happier. But I think it's time to retire him.

So I got the SDJ from ssense and sweet Jesus the packaging was intense! Never seen so much bubble wrap and soft foam padding in my life![emoji13] The bag arrived in perfect condition - I was a little paranoid after reading some online reviews on the state of bags they can be after traveling several thousand miles. However, SSENSE did an excellent job in packaging it. Every part of the SDJ was wrapped in soft foam; the handles, leather strap, keys and clochette. The metal feet also had a plastic coat/film on it. The SDJ came with a black dust bag but no Saint Laurent box. TBH I wasn't expecting a Saint Laurent box since it was from ssense. Anyone here know if SDJs normally come with a Saint Laurent box if purchased straight from a Saint Laurent boutique....?

His arrival couldn't have been better too, as I was due to fly interstate for a work trip the day after! Was a little hesitant at taking him on a plane literally a day after he arrived, but hey, what better way to break him in right? [emoji13] so without crapping on for too much longer, here is my SDJ [emoji7][emoji7]

View attachment 3714409

View attachment 3714410

View attachment 3714411

View attachment 3714412

View attachment 3714413

View attachment 3714414

Amazing! Congratulations!!! Did you manage to get it with a discount?!

Amazing! Congratulations!!! Did you manage to get it with a discount?!

Nah didn't get a discount.... was just happy it was back in stock. I've been keeping an eye on the stock levels online at various websites, and when I was finally ready to buy, it suddenly went out of stock. So when it came back, I didn't hesitate and bought it [emoji13]

Reactions: averagejoe
Nah didn't get a discount.... was just happy it was back in stock. I've been keeping an eye on the stock levels online at various websites, and when I was finally ready to buy, it suddenly went out of stock. So when it came back, I didn't hesitate and bought it [emoji13]
It's meant to be! I checked and it was sold out again so I thought I missed a markdown!

Thanks everyone! I've been using everyday for work now and it's been fantastic! The middle zipper clutch creates 2 perfect compartments for me; rear side for documents, front side for personal items.

View attachment 3716238

View attachment 3716241

Because of you I went to the YSL boutique the other day. Tried it and OMG I fell in love instantly. Wouldn't it be too similar of a style to have both the black peekaboo and this one? I really want one but I still have that feeling of the two being too similar in style.

Couldn't agree more about the thick strap that attached to the inside of the bag being the most lucrative feature of it.

I really love both the sdj and Perkaboo!! And that's probably why i bought them both [emoji13] I agree they're sorta similar in style but through the years of buying bags, I've found that briefcase or tote style bags suit my style the most. Have purchased across the shoulder messenger style of bags for example, and as luxurious and gorgeous they are, I find I use them less often.

By having both sdj and peekaboo, I use the sdj daily for work, and use the peekaboo on my days off [emoji6]

Reactions: ydhydh

View attachment 3714409

View attachment 3714410

View attachment 3714411

View attachment 3714412

View attachment 3714413

View attachment 3714414

It's beautiful! The thicker strap is a real plus. Congratulations :smile: