Boutique or E-lux for Damier 25?

jessiebug

O.G.
Jun 16, 2007
Sooo, I have decided that I MUST have a Damier Speedy 25. This will be my first damier piece :tup: and I'm like a little inpatient kid. I'm in Chicago, work in downtown Chicago, not far from the boutique. If I go to the boutique I will have it right away but if I order from E-lux I'll save about $60 in taxes. What to do, what to do...enablers any help? :lol:

Sooo, I have decided that I MUST have a Damier Speedy 25. This will be my first damier piece :tup: and I'm like a little inpatient kid. I'm in Chicago, work in downtown Chicago, not far from the boutique. If I go to the boutique I will have it right away but if I order from E-lux I'll save about $60 in taxes. What to do, what to do...enablers any help? :lol:

If youre saving $60 in tax, there shouldnt be any question!!! Thats why I use elux, and they offer free shipping now.

It is a lot of fun buying in the boutique especially since you can try on a lot of other items and walk out with a louis vuitton shopping bag. This will also help you establish a relationship with an SA. Part of buying luxury is the experience.

I had the same dilemma last week with the Excursion bag but I opted for the instant gratification of the boutique. I just simply rationalized by saying to myself that at least I am helping my favorite SA in some way or another. Besides, don't you just love the idea of walking out of a boutique with that BIG, BROWN BAG from Louis Vuitton?:cool:

Give me a shout at: louisvuittonlover

Since you save $60 I say definitely elux. I don't save any money so I usually go to the store so I can have it right away and pick the one I want. But a perk of elux is you always get the full packaging without even having to ask. =)

I guess I'm lucky, the boutique here is cheaper than elux and with tax it kind of evens out so I get it now plus get the better price :smile: Despite that I'd say boutique its worth $60 to me to have it now.

Okay, being a person who never had the patience to order from elux (Last time I tried to think it over and order from elux, I ended up walking into the boutique to buy something else because I was so looking forward to the purchase)...I never made it to elux..........I think I get into these picky moods with the bag (eg, if I want made in france or if I want to look for scratches or perfectly white vachetta or a certain MC color combination), but if I can be not picky and if I can wait, I'd go on elux next time. Man, I can't wait for NYC to not have any more taxes on LV bags (hopefully the law will start this year!)