Your opinion is highly appreciated!

Jun 29, 2013
Hello everyone!

i have been scrolling through all your beautiful bags and this inspired me to get one my own. :smile:

After looking for a particular color forever I have finally found the bag i was looking for on ebay!
Sadly they don't show enough pictures so that the lovely authetication team can tell me if it's fake or not. They also can't provide any more pictures as the "storage is apart from their office".

I have searched for the ebay sellers name here and all of his bags that were posted in this forum turned out to be authentic.

Should i just risk it and buy it, and let it authenticate when i receive it? or stay away from it?

is there any other possibility to get a "no red flags at this point" somewhere and then get it "really authenticated" when i receive it?

as i don't want to fo through the hassle with customs and duty if the bag turns out to be fake :sad:

Can you not ask the seller for more pictures so you can have it authenticated first. I would be so uneasy buying anything from ebay, but at least this would give you peace of mind. Good Luck!

You could send the link to ***************** and pay a small fee think $15 for email authentication that way you at least have some kind of peace of mind. Then when it arrives get it extra authenticated by Bababebi.
I always get everything authenticated by Bababebi upon arrival even when i buy from reputable resellers. In the case of a paypal dispute you may even be able to argue for the import fees to be reimbursed if the bag turns out to be fake

I guess i'm gonna contact them and just tell them, that i won't buy the bag without the extra pictures. Even though it just so sad, as this particular bag is just a dream of mine and would have been my university graduation present.

Thank you guys! I have been a silent reader most of the time, but love how you guys help each other :smile:

Reactions: Txoceangirl
Did you ask the seller if/where they had the bag authenticated?
Did you try a private authenticator (meaning bababebi) as opposed to free authentication?

In any case, be careful. I always do Image Search on all photos, ask for extra pictures if anything key is missing, and, while there are sellers and bags I am comfortable with buying without extra authentication, I have any bag I am not certain of authenticated by bababebi BEFORE I buy.

Reactions: prepster
I checked your post on the authenticate this hermes bag thread. Your bag is from one of the big Japanese sellers, and is trustworthy though no seller is foolproof. If I were you and I "had" to have it I would feel comfortable purchasing this at this price point, but pay with PayPal and then have it authenticated by bababebi once you get it. Make sure you are happy with the condition.

I agree the price point is very low for an hermes bag, so it's not like i would be paying for 20 % customs (austria/europe) for a 8.000 $ bag. I do have to add that i am a student and it's a lot of money for me. And i do have more expensive handbags, but this would be my first toe tip in the great sea of hermes bags. :smile:
So it's a big decision as i have never seen a herbag in real life nor have i ever touched an hermes bag, which makes the decision even harder.

I'm just afraid it turns out to be fake and i would have to be going through the hassle of returning it.
But that's why i asked if i actually should take the risk, as this seller is already known in this forum to sell authentic stuff (even though just because you sell 1000 authentic bags, doesn't mean the 1001 can't be fake)

Thanks again everyone!

Reactions: nicole0612
I agree the price point is very low for an hermes bag, so it's not like i would be paying for 20 % customs (austria/europe) for a 8.000 $ bag. I do have to add that i am a student and it's a lot of money for me. And i do have more expensive handbags, but this would be my first toe tip in the great sea of hermes bags. :smile:
So it's a big decision as i have never seen a herbag in real life nor have i ever touched an hermes bag, which makes the decision even harder.

I'm just afraid it turns out to be fake and i would have to be going through the hassle of returning it.
But that's why i asked if i actually should take the risk, as this seller is already known in this forum to sell authentic stuff (even though just because you sell 1000 authentic bags, doesn't mean the 1001 can't be fake)

Thanks again everyone!

In my opinion, it is best not to buy anything on eBay unless you are prepared for the possibility that it may not be to your satisfaction in some way. If I buy something anywhere online, whether new from a store or not, I always ask myself the following questions:
1. Would I still want this item if the least flattering photos/description turn out to be the case? If the answer is no to this, the answer to number 2 and 3 must be yes.
2. Will I be able to return/get a refund if I don't like it or if it is SNAD?
3. If I have to wait for a refund, will I miss this amount of money while I wait up to 1-2 months for reimbursement.

Thanks again everyone!

The Herbag is a lovely bag & even though the price may be enticing, I would want to know the bag I am buying and not
buying on a what if.
The seller has a 30 day money back which could turn into more time as pointed out by Nicole0612.
Perhaps sleep on this & see if there is a thread about the "Herbag" & get some honest opinions about practicality
of this bag. Do you have a H store near where you live to perhaps see it up close & personal?
Good luck with your decision

I am so thankful for all your answers! Seriously!

I don't mind a f***ed up bag, as i really think that it gives the bag character! :smile: so i wouldn't mind it being in a less good condition, as long as its real! The other problem i have is that i called the local customs and ask them beforehand about my "what if" situation, but the one i was talking to didn't really get it and told me, that i shouldn't buy things from china, and should get lured into "good prices". I just told her that i have experience with buying second hand and that i'm not buying anything obviously fake. I don't have any experience with buying anything outside of europe. Then she told me, that if the customs would think it was fake they would destroy the bag and i wouldn't get my money back, which kind of confused me as i think i could tell the credit card company or paypal to not give the money to the seller. But it still worried me as the herbag is a less known modell so what if they think it's fake?

I already went to two hermes stores, but they didn't have any herbags. Also the vintage backpack style is discontinued so i wouldn't get to look at this kind of herbag

I don't mind a f***ed up bag, as i really think that it gives the bag character! :smile: so i wouldn't mind it being in a less good condition, as long as its real! The other problem i have is that i called the local customs and ask them beforehand about my "what if" situation, but the one i was talking to didn't really get it and told me, that i shouldn't buy things from china, and should get lured into "good prices". I just told her that i have experience with buying second hand and that i'm not buying anything obviously fake. I don't have any experience with buying anything outside of europe. Then she told me, that if the customs would think it was fake they would destroy the bag and i wouldn't get my money back, which kind of confused me as i think i could tell the credit card company or paypal to not give the money to the seller. But it still worried me as the herbag is a less known modell so what if they think it's fake?

I already went to two hermes stores, but they didn't have any herbags. Also the vintage backpack style is discontinued so i wouldn't get to look at this kind of herbag

99% chance it will be fine, 1% chance there is a problem, it's really up to you :smile:
Most Japanese sellers go through EMS which transfers to USPS after going through customs. USPS rarely bothers to look at customs forms/charge fees. On the other hand, DHL will result in customs and a service fee. Regardless, you will not pay customs at this price point, it is under the limit.

There seem to be many scenarios playing out here. Authenticity being key.
It sounds as if you really want this bag & are prepared to deal with any thing that comes your way.
Having a bag with character is great & if that is what you want, go for it. Just think it through well..
If the bag should be destroyed, you have to know what the protocol would be with your credit card or paypal.
Customs is concerned with having "fakes" enter this country so they may take that extra precaution
with your purchase.. It's the luck of the draw with customs
I'm not trying to discourage you from this purchase by any means, just trying to help you get some clarity about the situation
that could arise.

Last edited:
Here in europe you pay 20 % if it's higher than 150 €
So that's that.
I just don't know if i'm to afraid too take the risk, as i will be afraid until i have the bag in my hands and have it autheticated by bababebi :nuts:
And its a long way from japan to europe. So i'm just gonna die in the meantime of worrying too much :biggrin:

Here in europe you pay 20 % if it's higher than 150 €
So that's that.
I just don't know if i'm to afraid too take the risk, as i will be afraid until i have the bag in my hands and have it autheticated by bababebi :nuts:
And its a long way from japan to europe. So i'm just gonna die in the meantime of worrying too much :biggrin:

So sorry, I did not realize you were in Europe. Please disregard everything I said in that case.