Your opinion is highly appreciated!

thank you for your effort guys i really really appreciate it :smile:

I'm still not sure if i actually should go through with the purchase.
On one hand i have been looking for this bag for a long time
On the other hand the color of the bag differs from picture to picture, but they told me that the color would be closest to the picture of the herbag laying down.

I just don't get how someone could post pictures that don't show the color clearly.

Attachments

• IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 187

On the other hand the color of the bag differs from picture to picture, but they told me that the color would be closest to the picture of the herbag laying down.

I just don't get how someone could post pictures that don't show the color clearly.

Well there seems to be color variation from the photos.. But did you note that the "bag smells from storage"?
I understand that you have been looking for this bag for awhile & you don't mind have a beaten up bag (which this is)
I'd sleep on this & perhaps when you are fresh in the morning, have another look at this bag & its description.
Good luck with your decision

The canvas looks faded and discolored, and if the greenish discolorations are mold/mildew, that would explain the "smells from storage." I'd be less concerned in this case that the bag is authentic, and more concerned that the bag stinks. Do you have a plan for cleaning it if the bag is mildewed? If you go forward, you might want to figure in the cost of cleaning to the purchase price. You have so much anxiety over this, and this is not what buying a luxury bag, even secondhand should feel like. Herbags are not hard to find, and in much better condition. I would keep saving and looking and find a bag that you'll feel happy and confident purchasing.

Last edited:
I don't think I would consider this bag. First of all, I would have ANY H bag that I intend to purchase authenticated by Bababebi. Someone mentioned ****************** - they have a terrible reputation for inaccurate authentications. It is really important to pick an authenticator who knows their stuff.

This bag is canvas and I would suspect that the smell is associated with mold or mildew. It can be extremely difficult to get mold and/or mildew out. It can also be extremely difficult to get the smell out. Two big NOs for me.

As someone else said, the bag looks discolored - there is no fixing that.

And finally, handling overseas returns can be difficult as you will need to ship it via a method where you can track it and, depending on bag's price, get a signature confirmation of the return. There are lots of buyers who are comfortable with this, I had a terrible hassle with it once (years ago) and am very careful about being put into that position again.

I am all for a dinged up bag - on leather bags, to me the patina is a sign of the bag's character. Honestly, I would worry that a dinged up canvas bag would look - or could - just look trashed.

And finally - sorry for going on so - I have seen a lot more Herbags coming in to the boutique. I haven't priced them, but I would check to see if you can save enough to get a new one. Or at minimum one that is in better shape.

Also, check out the "eBay" thread here - relying on PayPal to do the right thing if something goes wrong with the purchase is very risky. Both PP and eBay have insane policies and practices.

Don't worry - your lovely bag will come along, it sometimes takes a lot of time!