Urgent Help please

kiki63

Feb 21, 2007
I really need help with this.
I listed an item on ebay and I listed my requirement
that I do not wish bidders with less than 5 positive feedbacks to bid my item. But the winning bidder of my item only has 1 feedback. I do not want to complete my
transaction with this buyer. How do I cancel this bid
after the auction has ended ? I send an email/question
to ebay but they did not give me an answer, just told
me how to get contact with the user to resolve the issue. I don't wish to go through that. I just want to
cancel the bid.
Thanks in advance

Why don't you give the winning bidder a chance first? They may be an excellent buyer, but new to eBay. I'd wait and see if they pay you first before jumping the gun and doing anything else.

I would definitely cancel their bid. If they can't even read your auction requirements they will probably be trouble. If the bidder was truely a good buyer but just new to eBay he/she would have e-mailed you to ask if she could bid on the item. I hope I am wrong and they pay quickly.

I too would give her some time and see what happens - often my best buyers have been new to Ebay. And it can be a bit confusing when you first start - for whatever reason, she may have missed that bit of your listing but it doesn't necessarily mean she'll be a disaster! Was her single feedback as a buyer or seller? I assume it is positive?

you can try to send the buyer a friendly message stating your concerns. let him/her know that you are willing to give them a chance to pay... also, give her a time allowance to pay or respond.

If she pays within 7 days and has a confirmed paypal address, I would ship it. We all started somewhere. I had a really nice seller for my first ebay transaction and I try to do the same. There are some jerks, but some people just need to get started. If she pays and is confirmed, I would ship with no concerns.

Good luck!

I did the same thing, I was selling a LV bag and the buyer won and she was a zero feedback. But it all turned out wonderful, she was a nice lady, sent me a MO (I waited for it to clear) and all was fine. I would maybe give them a chance just get a signature confirmation when you mail, make sure they are confirmed or tell them to send you a Postal MO