2.55 Reissue 5oth Anniversary edition with 2.55 2005 stamp inside flap only manufactured in 2005?

vayu

Jan 16, 2016
Dear Chanel expert,
I am new to Chanel as I used to find Chanel is for mature and elegant lady which I am more carefree and focus on versitality of bags. But 2.55 re-issue indeed speaks to me, just couldn't forget the history of this bag with every single details being reflected on the bag! am so in love with it!
and i noticed there's a 50th anniversary edition with 2.55 2005 being embossed inside the flap. I would like to check with you all if this edition only manufactured in 2005? the other years of manufacturing would not be having 2005 stamp? Why i am asking cos i bump into one pre-loved 2.55 50th anniversary edition and found the number is staring with #17xxxxxx which i believe #17 is relatively recent production since i found those 2005 production should be starting with #10....
so...advices please!

Dear Chanel expert,
I am new to Chanel as I used to find Chanel is for mature and elegant lady which I am more carefree and focus on versitality of bags. But 2.55 re-issue indeed speaks to me, just couldn't forget the history of this bag with every single details being reflected on the bag! am so in love with it!
and i noticed there's a 50th anniversary edition with 2.55 2005 being embossed inside the flap. I would like to check with you all if this edition only manufactured in 2005? the other years of manufacturing would not be having 2005 stamp? Why i am asking cos i bump into one pre-loved 2.55 50th anniversary edition and found the number is staring with #17xxxxxx which i believe #17 is relatively recent production since i found those 2005 production should be starting with #10....
so...advices please!
I would be careful about that one. If it has the 2005 anniversary stamp on it then it should start with a 10. Have a look at the one for sale at this trusted reseller: https://www.designer-vault.com/coll...50th-anniversary-2-55-reissue-double-flap-bag

Dear Chanel expert,
so...advices please!

The 2005 bags should only have the 10xx serial numbers. If it's a 17xx I'm pretty sure it's fake. You can pose the bag in question in the auth forum to be sure.