2.55 Reissue 5oth Anniversary edition with 2.55 2005 stamp inside flap only manufactured in 2005?

vayu

Jan 16, 2016
Dear Chanel expert,
I am new to Chanel as I used to find Chanel is for mature and elegant lady which I am more carefree and focus on versitality of bags. But 2.55 re-issue indeed speaks to me, just couldn't forget the history of this bag with every single details being reflected on the bag! am so in love with it!
and i noticed there's a 50th anniversary edition with 2.55 2005 being embossed inside the flap. I would like to check with you all if this edition only manufactured in 2005? the other years of manufacturing would not be having 2005 stamp? Why i am asking cos i bump into one pre-loved 2.55 50th anniversary edition and found the number is staring with #17xxxxxx which i believe #17 is relatively recent production since i found those 2005 production should be starting with #10....
so...advices please!

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
land of lala
I used to own this bag and as far as I know it was only made in 2005. Do you have pictures of this bag that you can post in the authenticity forum?

vayu

Jan 16, 2016
I used to own this bag and as far as I know it was only made in 2005. Do you have pictures of this bag that you can post in the authenticity forum?
thanks for the feedback...let me try doing that. Thanks gail13!!

Oct 10, 2009
USA
Dear Chanel expert,
I am new to Chanel as I used to find Chanel is for mature and elegant lady which I am more carefree and focus on versitality of bags. But 2.55 re-issue indeed speaks to me, just couldn't forget the history of this bag with every single details being reflected on the bag! am so in love with it!
and i noticed there's a 50th anniversary edition with 2.55 2005 being embossed inside the flap. I would like to check with you all if this edition only manufactured in 2005? the other years of manufacturing would not be having 2005 stamp? Why i am asking cos i bump into one pre-loved 2.55 50th anniversary edition and found the number is staring with #17xxxxxx which i believe #17 is relatively recent production since i found those 2005 production should be starting with #10....
so...advices please!
I would be careful about that one. If it has the 2005 anniversary stamp on it then it should start with a 10. Have a look at the one for sale at this trusted reseller: https://www.designer-vault.com/coll...50th-anniversary-2-55-reissue-double-flap-bag

squidgee

Jan 20, 2015
Dear Chanel expert,
so...advices please!
The 2005 bags should only have the 10xx serial numbers. If it's a 17xx I'm pretty sure it's fake. You can pose the bag in question in the auth forum to be sure.