Diamond Stud Earrring Price Advice

In my experience, Bluenile offers very good prices for diamond jewelry. If you build your own studs you can save some money, though. For well-cut diamonds the cost is going to be higher than $1,000. You could go down further in color (from G) to I or J and still get white/bright diamonds if you stay within the ideal cut category. I think $1800-2000 is a fair price for 1.20 cttw studs.

You paid too much plus the store is going out of business. You also should buy from a store that will trade your earrings up. I purchased studs years ago from Nordstroms and was happy I did because I was able to trade up twice as my income increased. my .75cts are now 3.05 cts. I would take them back and buy something from their 80% off section and call it a day. I was actually at the store in SF a few days ago and thing everything is extremely over priced even with their going out of business sale. I did buy a gold chain but only because it was 80% and was very heavy, so the gram price vs. weight was a good deal to me. However everything else seemed much too high

Well, I just meant not Zales, Kay, etc...

If you want the best bang for your buck look online: Blue Nile, James Allen, Brian Gavin etc

Price will depend on the specs: cut as well as clarity and colour. Looking on BN, they have a pair of 1.02 TCW ideal cut, E colour, VS2 clarity stones in a 4 prong platinum setting for 3.3k; could probably get something closer to the 2.5-3k mark though.

If I recall correctly my ~1 carat lab-created diamond studs set in platinum martini settings were ~$1,800 from Brilliant Earth. They're ~0.95 carat, H color, SI2 clarity, and super ideal cut. Make sure you look at the actual carat size of the set when you purchase - some major retailers were selling sets as small as 0.90 carats as "1 carat studs" at a 1 CTW price.

If I recall correctly my ~1 carat lab-created diamond studs set in platinum martini settings were ~$1,800 from Brilliant Earth. They're ~0.95 carat, H color, SI2 clarity, and super ideal cut. Make sure you look at the actual carat size of the set when you purchase - some major retailers were selling sets as small as 0.90 carats as "1 carat studs" at a 1 CTW price.
Thanks! So are yours a TW 1.00 carat or a carat in each ear? Thank you!