Diamond Stud Earrring Price Advice

sds661

O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
Hi
Need some help--does the price of $10,000 sound right for a pair of diamond studs with the following specs: 2.71 ctw, g-h, SI2, premium cut, EGL--I know EGL can grade lower than what they truely are but these babies are stunning--the sparkle like crazy--I will try to post pics but what do you think?

that sounds like an okay price to me:yes:
Is it EGL-USA?
My studs and solitaire are EGL and my eyes trust my certifications.

For excellent cut at the weight that price is good, especially if it's retail as long as you cannot see the inclusions.
If you post the exact measurements I will know more.

Thank you to all that replied--I have to say everytime I look at them I do a double take!!! swanky--don't have exact specs of dimensions but I will tell you they look gigantic and sparkle like crazy so Im sure they are of premium cut--its a long story-- I was just making sure that if we insured them for this price that we would be able to replace them if I lost them--which I have been known to do:shame:

Invest in screwbacks. I've never lost an earring. I convert every post to screwback if they don't come that way. The cost is nominal (about $150-200) is well worth it to secure your $10,000 investment.

Jenna--Our jeweler is working on finding another pair for my sister for a good price so not sure how long that will take but I also know you can get this deal and or better from Mcgivern Jewelers--he is online http://www.diamonds-overnight.com/ Michael Mcgivern very nice guy.
Venus--Ive tried screwbacks--I hated them--I don't even remember why now:shrugs: maybe I should revisit them:yes:

I've never bothered w/ screwback and I've never lost an earring.
As of late I've been using these nifty little plastic backs from Claire's booutique, they're small and they fit SUPER tight, LOVE them.

Quote=sds661;8503815]Jenna--Our jeweler is working on finding another pair for my sister for a good price so not sure how long that will take but I also know you can get this deal and or better from Mcgivern Jewelers--he is online http://www.diamonds-overnight.com/ Michael Mcgivern very nice guy.
Venus--Ive tried screwbacks--I hated them--I don't even remember why now:shrugs: maybe I should revisit them:yes:[/quote]

They do take a little extra time to put on and take off since you have to screw the backs on! A bit annoyng I guess, but they feel no different on and that extra minute is well worth the peace of mind of never worrying that I'll lose an earring IMO. :yes:

^^I like the little ones {called bullets} personally as I can't stand the way it looks to see a plastic disc behind the ear of fine jewelry.
like these:
yhst-4316293352126_2016_12317199

My studs are a full carat each and don't pull forward at all, maybe because they're martini settings{?}
They do have the discs as well though, I know people like them.
like these:

I like them because they're SO much tighter than the metal ones {friction backs} that come w/ earrings, you really have to work them on, there's no way they'll slip off accidentally.

Jenna--Our jeweler is working on finding another pair for my sister for a good price so not sure how long that will take but I also know you can get this deal and or better from Mcgivern Jewelers--he is online http://www.diamonds-overnight.com/ Michael Mcgivern very nice guy.
Venus--Ive tried screwbacks--I hated them--I don't even remember why now:shrugs: maybe I should revisit them:yes:

:ty:for telling me where you bought your earnings.