Fake bag from neiman Marcus! What to do?

Thank you for the replay! I shipped it out today because I didn't want to drive over an hour in the rain. But it costs me $30 to ship back!!! I'll keep you guys posted

NM has free return shipping labels. I would ask them to credit back your $30 since this was their fault! They had mine picked up at my house which is a pain because you have to wait all day for FedEx to show up.

Hi everyone! So the bag arrived to their return department yesterday and this morning I received an email saying that the return has been processed and that I should get the money credit back on 1-3 days. I hope this doesn't happen to any one. But I suggest not to have them ship the item to your house if you order online. Just go pick it up in the store if you can.

Hi everyone! So the bag arrived to their return department yesterday and this morning I received an email saying that the return has been processed and that I should get the money credit back on 1-3 days. I hope this doesn't happen to any one. But I suggest not to have them ship the item to your house if you order online. Just go pick it up in the store if you can.

Glad it was credited! I would ask for the return shipping credited to you too. It's so wrong you were sent a fake!

Sadly, I have heard about this happening before .. and here is the problem ..

Neiman Marcus (and sadly many other Retailers) DO NOT know that much about Balenciaga and as such, don't know about how to even authenticate a Balenciaga bag! So, what happens, is that people buy a fake and then "return" it to NM .. but since NM doesn't realize it's a fake, they put it back into their inventory for sale to someone else.
What I would have done is:
  1. Get it authenticated by a reputable Authenticator (yes, you will have to pay for this) and then go to the store and provide them with the paperwork around the authentication that it is a fake.
  2. Speak to the Manager (not a regular Sales Associate) of the Department and not only make sure that you expect a Credit for the fake bag, but that they need to DESTROY the bag per the Federal Rules/Regulations around designer infringement/copyright. If they do not comply, then they can be reported (and that is taken very seriously).
Just some advice for all of you should this happen to you. Unfortunately, this is not the first time it has happened with Retail stores and/or online consignment, so it is ALWAYS best to have it authenticated beforehand. Also, as much as I love TPF and the gals/guys here, go to a reputable Authenticator and get that paperwork .. I have seen some folks on here "authenticate" a bag when in fact, it is not the "real deal".

[/SIZE]
[/LIST]
.. I have seen some folks on here "authenticate" a bag when in fact, it is not the "real deal". [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Have you politely pointed out to others when they are incorrect or decide to stay mum as it may be considered arguing or counted as drama?