The Dior Diorama Thread

Just purchased this small black patent Diorama beauty at the Dior boutique in Amsterdam two weeks ago.

My first Dior. It was so hard to choose the best color that would fit my wardrobe, so I went the safe route and chose black... But patent black with the micro cannage motif.

Thanks for letting me share!

Thanks for sharing she is a beauty xx

Reactions: Ghi85
Are the small diorama's only available in certain countries? They aren't listed on the UK website?
I think they are a little harder to get, but the boutiques get them in. They are not on the Dior website that is true. Try ringing the local boutique? If they dont have one, they can get you one in sure enough. I had to do that. In Australia the small is $4,700 and the medium is $4,900 so you dont save much between buying the two sizes but it is nice to have the smaller version as it can go from day to night a little better in my opinion.

Just purchased this small black patent Diorama beauty at the Dior boutique in Amsterdam two weeks ago.

My first Dior. It was so hard to choose the best color that would fit my wardrobe, so I went the safe route and chose black... But patent black with the micro cannage motif.

Thanks for letting me share!

View attachment 3595887View attachment 3595889
She's a beauty! Congratulations!

Reactions: Ghi85
Hi everyone! I'm new here and just purchased my first designer handbag, being the Diorama in Champagne metallic.
I was so intrigued when I saw it first on instagram and was lucky enough to find it in store! (Australia, so very rare). I absolutely fell in love and had to purchase it, no second thoughts despite never owning such an expensive bag in my life.

Now that a couple of days have passed, I'm starting to think I may have made the wrong decision with the colour >.< While I do think it's stunning, I'm worried I will only be able to wear it out to formal events. What are your thoughts? Do you think the metallic champagne/gold could be worn casual?
Thank you!!

Attachments

• Diorama.JPG
    Diorama.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 2,970
Hi everyone! I'm new here and just purchased my first designer handbag, being the Diorama in Champagne metallic.
I was so intrigued when I saw it first on instagram and was lucky enough to find it in store! (Australia, so very rare). I absolutely fell in love and had to purchase it, no second thoughts despite never owning such an expensive bag in my life.

Now that a couple of days have passed, I'm starting to think I may have made the wrong decision with the colour >.< While I do think it's stunning, I'm worried I will only be able to wear it out to formal events. What are your thoughts? Do you think the metallic champagne/gold could be worn casual?
Thank you!!
I saw this bag in Amsterdam as well and it's beyond beautiful! You can't help but be drawn to that color.

I definitely think you can wear it casually, it just depends on your style. If you're unsure, you could opt for a smaller Dior wallet on a chain or clutch in a metallic color. Smaller metallic bags are sometimes easier to wear casually.

I personally knew that I probably wouldn't get much wear out of that size Diorama in a metallic but it's stunning and I'm very happy for you!

I saw this bag in Amsterdam as well and it's beyond beautiful! You can't help but be drawn to that color.

I definitely think you can wear it casually, it just depends on your style. If you're unsure, you could opt for a smaller Dior wallet on a chain or clutch in a metallic color. Smaller metallic bags are sometimes easier to wear casually.

I personally knew that I probably wouldn't get much wear out of that size Diorama in a metallic but it's stunning and I'm very happy for you!
Thank you Ghi85! Funnily enough, the reason why I chose the champagne colour is because I figured it is neutral and could basically go with any outfit. I'm generally a pretty indecisive person so I was surprised with myself that I bought the bag without hesitation! I actually saw your post with the black metallic and started to question my decision! haha

Thank you!!
It is STUNNING!

Metallics are always in for casual daywear, and this bag is no exception. This bag is so pretty that it is a waste to just wear it out for formal events. It doesn't even look that formal (think satin minaudieres and clutches for formal wear).

It is STUNNING!

Metallics are always in for casual daywear, and this bag is no exception. This bag is so pretty that it is a waste to just wear it out for formal events. It doesn't even look that formal (think satin minaudieres and clutches for formal wear).
Thank you for the feedback! You're right, it would be a waste to wear it only to formal events. Do you think the metallic bags will be out of fashion soon?

Reactions: averagejoe
I'm contemplating purchasing this! May I know if the inferno red is a true red or does it have hints of orange? It's such a beautiful colour :smile:
To me it's more orange with hints of red rather than the other way around. But it's very beautiful bright red-orange colour! I have a picture of it somewhere. My SA sent it to me last year. I'll post it if I can find it.

I'm contemplating purchasing this! May I know if the inferno red is a true red or does it have hints of orange? It's such a beautiful colour :smile:
If this is the Red Diorama, it is a true red. I recently purchased mine (see a couple of pages back in this thread) and it goes with everything red I have in my closet. I loved this red as I found the Chanel ones are either too "orangy" or look like Ox Blood. I wanted a true red.

Thank you!!

I really understand your dilemma because the exact same thing happened to me!

The bag is definitely STUNNING, almost looks like a piece of art or jewelry. I bought mine last Fall, the very minute I saw it, I was so in love. And then, same as you, started doubting it a couple days later. I am no stranger to metallics for casual use...my two favorite and most used shoes are metallic (one gold, one dark silver), but there was just SOMETHING about this bag that didn't work with my casual outfits. I think it may have been the size. So I went back to Dior in the hope they'd tell me that it also came in the small size, which I think would work better with casual looks AND be a better size for evening looks! Sadly, it doesn't, and I didn't think the WOC version did the color justice. So, I ended up exchanging it for the small onyx black micro-cannage diorama (the gunmetal one), and have been wearing that non-stop, day and night.

I still dream about that champagne color though and have asked my SA to email me if they ever make it in the small size. She did text me recently to alert me about another medium size gold diorama that is coming out, this one may be easier to style casually, though doesn't have the same WOW factor IMO. Here is a pic in case you are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    299.5 KB · Views: 2,512