The Dior Diorama Thread

I really understand your dilemma because the exact same thing happened to me!

The bag is definitely STUNNING, almost looks like a piece of art or jewelry. I bought mine last Fall, the very minute I saw it, I was so in love. And then, same as you, started doubting it a couple days later. I am no stranger to metallics for casual use...my two favorite and most used shoes are metallic (one gold, one dark silver), but there was just SOMETHING about this bag that didn't work with my casual outfits. I think it may have been the size. So I went back to Dior in the hope they'd tell me that it also came in the small size, which I think would work better with casual looks AND be a better size for evening looks! Sadly, it doesn't, and I didn't think the WOC version did the color justice. So, I ended up exchanging it for the small onyx black micro-cannage diorama (the gunmetal one), and have been wearing that non-stop, day and night.

I still dream about that champagne color though and have asked my SA to email me if they ever make it in the small size. She did text me recently to alert me about another medium size gold diorama that is coming out, this one may be easier to style casually, though doesn't have the same WOW factor IMO. Here is a pic in case you are interested.
It doesn't have the same wow factor, but it still looks gorgeous and it's made of supple grained calfskin, which makes it more durable.

Hi everyone! I'm new here and just purchased my first designer handbag, being the Diorama in Champagne metallic.
I was so intrigued when I saw it first on instagram and was lucky enough to find it in store! (Australia, so very rare). I absolutely fell in love and had to purchase it, no second thoughts despite never owning such an expensive bag in my life.

Now that a couple of days have passed, I'm starting to think I may have made the wrong decision with the colour >.< While I do think it's stunning, I'm worried I will only be able to wear it out to formal events. What are your thoughts? Do you think the metallic champagne/gold could be worn casual?
Thank you!!

Wow !!!! The color is gorgeous !!!

FYI, I am new to the Dior game and am not familiar with their collections.

This Diorama WOC in Nude Calfskin is from the Autumn 2016 collection (I found it on the Dior website). I am curious will this piece be reintroduced in the coming seasons or not and I should bite the bullet and buy now.... I fell in love and am weary it will go away, never to be seen again. I was not planning on another bag acquisition so soon so lies the dilemma.

S0328OVRG_M05U_V0_Z.jpg

I think they are a little harder to get, but the boutiques get them in. They are not on the Dior website that is true. Try ringing the local boutique? If they dont have one, they can get you one in sure enough. I had to do that. In Australia the small is $4,700 and the medium is $4,900 so you dont save much between buying the two sizes but it is nice to have the smaller version as it can go from day to night a little better in my opinion.

Thanks for this I'll definitely give it a try!

This Diorama WOC in Nude Calfskin is from the Autumn 2016 collection (I found it on the Dior website). I am curious will this piece be reintroduced in the coming seasons or not and I should bite the bullet and buy now.... I fell in love and am weary it will go away, never to be seen again. I was not planning on another bag acquisition so soon so lies the dilemma.

S0328OVRG_M05U_V0_Z.jpg
Gorgeous WOC! If you love it, I think you should snag this color now. Gold hardware can be hard to come by in the diorama style and it really is a perfect nude. If I were you, I may even splurge for the small or medium diorama in this color combination, but then again, I'm a shopping enabler :yes:!!

S0328OVRG_M05U_V0_Z.jpg
You should buy this now. A lot of colours are seasonal, and with Maria Grazia Chiuri's team taking over accessories, this colour combination may not be produced again.

I really understand your dilemma because the exact same thing happened to me!

The bag is definitely STUNNING, almost looks like a piece of art or jewelry. I bought mine last Fall, the very minute I saw it, I was so in love. And then, same as you, started doubting it a couple days later. I am no stranger to metallics for casual use...my two favorite and most used shoes are metallic (one gold, one dark silver), but there was just SOMETHING about this bag that didn't work with my casual outfits. I think it may have been the size. So I went back to Dior in the hope they'd tell me that it also came in the small size, which I think would work better with casual looks AND be a better size for evening looks! Sadly, it doesn't, and I didn't think the WOC version did the color justice. So, I ended up exchanging it for the small onyx black micro-cannage diorama (the gunmetal one), and have been wearing that non-stop, day and night.

I still dream about that champagne color though and have asked my SA to email me if they ever make it in the small size. She did text me recently to alert me about another medium size gold diorama that is coming out, this one may be easier to style casually, though doesn't have the same WOW factor IMO. Here is a pic in case you are interested.
Wow that is so pretty! I considered exchanging it for the black but i really like the "wow" factor of the champagne and it's just so different so I've decided to keep it! Plus i thought I can change my wardrobe to suit this bag haha. It definitely is harder to match with casual clothes but it does look nice with casual summer dresses and I think it would look good on jeans. I have a few more formal events coming up (engagement parties, wedding etc) so i can't wait to wear it!

Reactions: giannam
Wow that is so pretty! I considered exchanging it for the black but i really like the "wow" factor of the champagne and it's just so different so I've decided to keep it! Plus i thought I can change my wardrobe to suit this bag haha. It definitely is harder to match with casual clothes but it does look nice with casual summer dresses and I think it would look good on jeans. I have a few more formal events coming up (engagement parties, wedding etc) so i can't wait to wear it!

Great decision! And always fun to have an excuse to shop :happydance:I hope you'll post some mod shots soon!

I purchased the Diorama WOC from the Dior boutique in Melbourne today in the beautiful pale pink. My question is and I apologise if this has been answered before, is it suppose to come with an authenticity card?

Hi everyone!
I'm going to paris next april. Do you think diorama small metallic gonna be available in paris boutique? Or should i contact the SA before my visit to book/pre-order?

This will be my first dior purchase, and I'm so excited yet worry i wont find my dream bag

I purchased the Diorama WOC from the Dior boutique in Melbourne today in the beautiful pale pink. My question is and I apologise if this has been answered before, is it suppose to come with an authenticity card?

My WOC did not come with an authenticity card. I asked the SA, and she said those are for bags only (but she also didn't seem that certain, so maybe someone else can confirm).

My WOC did not come with an authenticity card. I asked the SA, and she said those are for bags only (but she also didn't seem that certain, so maybe someone else can confirm).

Yes, only bags have the cards. My Dior bags have the authenticity cards (filled out with date of purchase) but my Diorama WOC and slgs do not.