Would you buy double of a bag just for the Limited Edition Print?

Are you buying it because you really love it, just to have it, because you think it will increase in value and you can make money off of it, or is it the buying frenzy bug?

Just playing devil's advocate.

Reactions: PurseOnFleek
Sometimes it's for the best in the long run just to settle for loving a bag or print without having to own it, especially if its been prone to issues. But with that being said if the bag makes your heart sing and you know that you would use it, despite already having multiples, then by all means get it while you can - just make sure to inspect it thoroughly before leaving the store.

I haven't heard of any canvas issues with the reverse monogram. There are issues with the infrarouge canvas on the Pochette Metis.
I have the classic mono in it and adore that bag. I adore it so much that I bought the reverse when it came out also. I love the reverse mono. I think of them as the reverse for fall and winter and the classic for spring and summer LOL
Haha i love your logic! Its awesome [emoji7]

Reactions: tlo
I own the reverse and would also own in an array of prints/colours if i could. I LOVE the bag and do not find it strange at all to own in different prints.
It is like owning the Chanel Classic flap in different colours/leathers.
GO FOR IT!
Thats a very valid point! Its common to own Chanel classic flap in varying leathers/colours... Never thought of this!

l would buy double bag for a different colour that i love or different print that i love. not because it's a limited edition.
Think because it is a LE i had to make my mind up quickly but i love it just if it was permanent i would of been able to buy it later as there is a bag at top of my wishlist i have postponed because the reverse is LE...

Are you buying it because you really love it, just to have it, because you think it will increase in value and you can make money off of it, or is it the buying frenzy bug?

Just playing devil's advocate.
Understandable lol good to pose the questions. I love the print! I would definitely use it i cant say i would keep it forever as i have bag ADHD but no doubt it would be in my collection for a while . I think its also partially buying frenzy bug too though but thats because its a LE and i would hate that i still wanted it down the track and had to pay a premium for it on eBay[emoji26] . it wasnt my #1 wishlist bag but the pochette metis is my fav bag of all i even stopped using my Hermes Kelly i love the PM so much but when i buy my #1(birkin) maybe it will be bumped off? However i cant use that bag alone with bub cos it doesn't go over the shoulder cant hand carry a bag pushing a pram...

Last edited:
Sometimes it's for the best in the long run just to settle for loving a bag or print without having to own it, especially if its been prone to issues. But with that being said if the bag makes your heart sing and you know that you would use it, despite already having multiples, then by all means get it while you can - just make sure to inspect it thoroughly before leaving the store.
Im buying it through a personal shopper so i have pointed out all the issues i read about and asked her to check before paying. Unfortunately the bag is forever unavailable in Australia but i am saving money compared to Aus RRP because im paying Euro [emoji3]

If i love the bag no matter what i would problaby buy every option that comes out. I am strange like that in every way though, if i find a shirt that i like i get in every color possible, same for shoes. And for the PM i would defo get a second one, it just so practical and easy to carry. So i'd say go for it.

Reactions: PurseOnFleek
I own the Reverse Monogram PM and really love it - no issues at all with canvas, glacing etc.. I have the feeling that this bag is getting overscrutinized in this forum.
The Reverse does give a very different look than the classic one, so if you really love the print - go for it :smile: .
Yea it seems the PM overall gets alot of scrutiny in tpf ... I never had an issue with my mono pm[emoji3][emoji106]

If i love the bag no matter what i would problaby buy every option that comes out. I am strange like that in every way though, if i find a shirt that i like i get in every color possible, same for shoes. And for the PM i would defo get a second one, it just so practical and easy to carry. So i'd say go for it.
I do the same with shirts sweaters etc lol and with some shoe styles too if i really love them

I fail to see the difference between owning Speedys in different prints versus anything else? I have the old Babylone in Monogram and a Special Order Damier Ebene. I have the Mini Looping in monogram and Special Orders in Red Epi and Damier Ebene. I have several Almas, several of the same vernis bag in different colours.

Don't buy it because it's limited edition though. Buy it because you love it.

i didn't know you could do special orders! can you give me an idea of what the process is like? any limitations? fees?