17P vs 17C black caviar boys

I love the 17P leather and 17C gold hardware. Which one you love the most? The 17P seems to be a softer than 17C though
17P leather is softer. It feels cheaper in my opinion. You can tell by looking at the clasp. It dents in a bit compared to the 17c leather which is much harder and does not give in.

I found lining of 17P black caviar boy not touching the bottom of the bag.

SA said they examined all the bags and all the 17P caviar boys are the same as Chanel changed their techniques [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]I really doubt that's the case!

Any 17P caviar boys can attest to that?
Yes, I bought a gray beige bag last week and lining does not touch bottom. Also, the exterior is more micro-pebbled than previous caviar leathers and a little bit softer. My SA said they have been doing a ton of different caviar leathers for many years so nothing new. It is different than what we are used to, I personally like it, but honestly a little bit of high maintenence because it is softer imo.

I don't think of the 17p as plasticky..... it's a shinier version of caviar with smaller pebbles. Feels lighter as well. My SA said Chanel is trying to make the bags lighter because clients don't like them too heavy. But I personally love aged gold hardware on the boys. Plus 17c caviar is quite beautiful to me, it's matte without looking dull. I love 17c!

Reactions: schuhgal
ok ladies, i need your thoughts too. I have purchased last Nov 2016 a chanel boy black caviar in aged ghw with the military green interior. Last week, my SA showed me their new arrivals and the boy black caviar in light gold hardware is one of them... Now I'm confused. Should I stick to the aged gold hardware or to this newer version. Adding to my confusion is that the new release has black interior and made in France. HELP!!!
I prefer all black interior!

I have the 17P in black caviar with pale gold hw. I would never have purchased the 17C. It was like a piece of rubber and looked so cheap. A few friends bought and returned. The flap was so flexible and swishy. When I got the call it was in, It took a couple seconds to pass. Many complaints about this rubbery caviar which is why Chanel didn't repeat it. In my opinion it was ghastly. And didn't have that rich Chanel leather smell. I think the 17P is stunning but will require being more careful. Btw my lining is slightly raised up. I think it's one of the most beautiful bags I've seen in more than two decades of collecting Chanel. JMHO

I have the 17P in black caviar with pale gold hw. I would never have purchased the 17C. It was like a piece of rubber and looked so cheap. A few friends bought and returned. The flap was so flexible and swishy. When I got the call it was in, It took a couple seconds to pass. Many complaints about this rubbery caviar which is why Chanel didn't repeat it. In my opinion it was ghastly. And didn't have that rich Chanel leather smell. I think the 17P is stunning but will require being more careful. Btw my lining is slightly raised up. I think it's one of the most beautiful bags I've seen in more than two decades of collecting Chanel. JMHO

Wow your post is so ensightful!

I'm wondering why you say the 17P will require being more careful? You mean the hardware because it's shiny? Or the leather - it is caviar so shouldn't need babying?
Also how's the strength of the 17P leather?

Thanks so much.

Reactions: Joyjoy7
Wow your post is so ensightful!

I'm wondering why you say the 17P will require being more careful? You mean the hardware because it's shiny? Or the leather - it is caviar so shouldn't need babying?
Also how's the strength of the 17P leather?

Thanks so much.

It's softer than traditional rigid caviar but the flap is firm and the structure of my bag is excellent. The CC lock may take being a bit more careful but the chain has a beautiful texture that will help mask minute scratches. IMG_1485556755.216085.jpgIMG_1485556837.559576.jpg