how to wear your chanel jacket...

Let me just first say that I am so happy to have found a Chanel RTW thread. I have 3 Chanel bags and at one point you realize that you can't just go nude with a bag. Chanel's clothes are majestic and definitely investment pieces. Everyone's photos are stunning and I am so grateful that they are being shared. Thank you, thank you!

Having said that, was anyone else underwhelmed by the pieces in Cruise? I can admire the political take on Cuba but do I really have to fork over that much money to look like I am joining Che in the jungles of South America?

I'll post my previous jacket purchases soon enough. Not now, because I would have to preface with "Ok just pretend I'm not 8 months pregnant...."

Welcome and congratulations!
Yes we've discussed how disappointed we've been in cruise. But spring/summer looks promising!

I went into the store today to try some pieces, thought I would share pics/thoughts!

First up is the khaki cruise jacket. Like others, I was not in love with it, even though I love green. Will take my chances by waiting for the sale.

Next is a piece I am seriously debating getting - it comes in black which was in the pic above, but I also liked this beige. Although now looking at this picture I'm not as sure about it. I don't have the detachable belt on:

What I really fell in love with is this cardigan. Only thing is, most of my cardigans are dark colors. So I ended up finding the same one in ecru through the boutique and ordered it, but still love the navy:

I also tried the white jacket and thought the wide sleeves and the buttons on the inside were too overwhelming. But it's still a cute piece:

Finally, the item I actually went to pick up, my sale find - I saw how beautiful this skirt was on many of you ladies and decided I had to have one for myself. Got the last one in my size in the country:

Interested in hearing opinions on the dress and the cardigan... :smile:

Next is a piece I am seriously debating getting - it comes in black which was in the pic above, but I also liked this beige. Although now looking at this picture I'm not as sure about it. I don't have the detachable belt on:

I tried this dress a few weeks ago. I like the material and the shape of the dress but I didn't like the placement of the pockets, especially since I'm "top-heavy". My SA said she had a few customers who said the same thing.

Reactions: Buttercup118
I tried this dress a few weeks ago. I like the material and the shape of the dress but I didn't like the placement of the pockets, especially since I'm "top-heavy". My SA said she had a few customers who said the same thing.

Thanks for the input! I was also wondering about the pocket placement. They really do highlight the boobs...

I went into the store today to try some pieces, thought I would share pics/thoughts!

First up is the khaki cruise jacket. Like others, I was not in love with it, even though I love green. Will take my chances by waiting for the sale.

What I really fell in love with is this cardigan. Only thing is, most of my cardigans are dark colors. So I ended up finding the same one in ecru through the boutique and ordered it, but still love the navy:

I also tried the white jacket and thought the wide sleeves and the buttons on the inside were too overwhelming. But it's still a cute piece:

Finally, the item I actually went to pick up, my sale find - I saw how beautiful this skirt was on many of you ladies and decided I had to have one for myself. Got the last one in my size in the country:

ailoveresale, I love the Paris Rome skirt the best! The white jacket- I dislike the shoulders, the sleeves, the small distance between the buttons, it's like bad imitation of double breasted style. No craftsmanship at all in this jacket [emoji51]
The dress and the cardigan are nice, but nothing to write home about[emoji5] I'm certain they'll appear at the sale next season.
I can't believe how they put the buttons at the sleeves, so lazy ...

Reactions: Genie27
Hello ladies, I almost bought the green jacket ($5,400) from the Cuba runway collection but changed my mind the last minute because I prefer buttons instead of zipper pull. The double breasted white blazer is also from the newer season, IMO it runs bigger, priced at $4,700 and also comes in black. I did not take both as I need to control myself and only focus on pieces on my wish list ;).

I think you made the right decision!

I like the cardigan on you. You are right, the pocket placement on the dress is odd but I am waiting for a Khaki 34 to come in. I have had to pass on some other jackets because the pockets were placed just below my bustline - even weirder.

Let me just first say that I am so happy to have found a Chanel RTW thread. I have 3 Chanel bags and at one point you realize that you can't just go nude with a bag. Chanel's clothes are majestic and definitely investment pieces. Everyone's photos are stunning and I am so grateful that they are being shared. Thank you, thank you!

Having said that, was anyone else underwhelmed by the pieces in Cruise? I can admire the political take on Cuba but do I really have to fork over that much money to look like I am joining Che in the jungles of South America?

I'll post my previous jacket purchases soon enough. Not now, because I would have to preface with "Ok just pretend I'm not 8 months pregnant...."

Welcome buttercup!
You can have enough Chanel bags, but never enough Chanel RTW! It's ADDICTIVE!
Chanel produces 6 collections per year Naturally not everyone agrees with every single one of them, I do think the less advertised Cuba pieces are quite lovely,

Please show us your purchases,